Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite sugestion] Colonized planet animation and ground invasion minigame.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:42:54 AM
What i would like to see is that when a planet is colonized that there would be actual development ( by upgrading the systems and adding new technology and colony modules) and cities that are distinct per race on the planet and also population unit to add a bit more personality to the colonization part of the game. currently its just a planet rotating and it looks very desolate with no visible upgrades. despite being in the alpha stage the game is pretty well done. It does not have to be pretty to the point were you can zoom in see details but visual development would be great. Space stations would also be awesome.

i would also like to see trade routes be highlighted with directional arrows surprisingly spore although its a sub par game in my opinion did this fairly well with small npc ships moving in and out of the systems that the trade was taking place so it can be less confusing in the long run.

The planetary invasion tactics could be a bit more like what city to invade or what do can be done to facilitate the invasion of the planet kinda like how space combat is but with without the visuals.

this would also help to buy more time for a response fleet so there's added strategy.

there is plenty of research involving planet invasion so there is plenty to work with also the minigame could use a modified diplomacy menu where the "strings" are attached to all the cities. While choosing what city to invade first will be key to attaining a victory over a heavily entrenched or upgraded race. For example the main city could be linked to the rest of the other cities but can be boxed in and surrounded by the rest of the cities or getting a smaller city occupied city would mean a reliable entrenched station but at a disadvantage when attacking the planet since it would only be linked to one city and not multiple ones.

anyways occupation would technically take years or less depending on the players and opponents technology since a year passes for every turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:46:16 AM
I like these ideas, and I second all of them. Especially the ground invasion aspect, maybe make it a little more visual. Space stations could also provide extra defense or economical bonuses etc with the proper upgrades.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:02:01 AM
Kalypzoid wrote:
I like these ideas, and I second all of them. Especially the ground invasion aspect, maybe make it a little more visual. Space stations could also provide extra defense or economical bonuses etc with the proper upgrades.

yeah it was kinda bland when i was being invaded or a pirate force was harassing my system was just lowering my colonies happieness.

and also those craver invasion and united empire concept art is really neat and would be a waste if there was no ground invasion stage.

thanks for your input man
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:18:31 AM
Making invasions bland is... kinda nice. I don't freak out as much as I do in other games. I think bland invasions helps me handle it strategically and make tradeoffs like ignoring an enemy invasion for four turns while my fleet cuts off the reinforcements for that invasion. Yeah, I could've swatted the invasion on the spot, but doing it this way means they can't just start it right back up again either.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:24:39 AM
Platescale wrote:
Making invasions bland is... kinda nice. I don't freak out as much as I do in other games. I think bland invasions helps me handle it strategically and make tradeoffs like ignoring an enemy invasion for four turns while my fleet cuts off the reinforcements for that invasion. Yeah, I could've swatted the invasion on the spot, but doing it this way means they can't just start it right back up again either.

It could just work like a simple es battle just choose some cards and hold on repel the invasion forces. that's the beauty of this game it would work separate from your fleet you can also have the option of just letting it auto battle and hope whatever research you invested in colony defense helps out. Just a thought after reading the suggestions list sticky and the raze colonies option.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 7:17:24 AM
Visual effects have been asked by a lot of users smiley: smile So devs are well aware.

Same for invasion. But I don't think they will do some "mini-game" because they have a design purpose to keep things out of micromanagement.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment