Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Carriers and modifiable spacecraft on them

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:26:43 AM
wnon't it be coll if there was some kind of a space carrier and you coudl also modfi the "spaceplanes" of the carrier
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 7:35:57 AM
jetkar wrote:
I am sure I saw carrier ship tech that can be researched

No, only small (transporter, corvette, destroyer), medium (battleship) and big ships (dreadnaughts) so far. Maybe I've forgotten a design or 2, but never found carriers or any technology even remotely alike, yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 8:57:38 AM
im sure that the developers will work on this being a alpha and all but i feel like i need to voice this just in case.

i love all the ships in this game. they are creative, diverse, and in their own right just plain awesome. but somethings have become increasingly clear to me as i play. once the dreadnaughts come into play everyship becomes useless and space fights boil down to dreadnaughts. now i can understand that the dreadnaught is supposed to be the baddest thing to fly through space but it just seems a little overpowered esspecially when its a 2 dreadnaught on 1 dread 2 battleships 2 destroyers and 2 small ships i forget the names of and the only thing that survives is the dread cause the enemy had instantanously blew up 5 ships. now it is your game you can do what you will with it but i would like ALL my ships to be important and useful and even wipe out 3 dreadnaughts if i play my cards right.

now your probably wondering what i mean by that well here goes what if one of the ship types had stealth and the dreadnaughts didnt have the means to detect them. i guess their JWF then but lets just put in a lets say battleship or destroyer that could detect them then the stealth ships or corvettes would have some trouble as their stealth is gone and 2 hungry dreadnaughts are looking to make a appatizer out of them. you see my point. im just throwing the idea out there do what you will with it but i will offer the following suggestions.

dreadnaughts~powerful flagships (applies bonuses to smaller ships in the fleet/carries a special weapon)

battleships~offensive/defensive unit (front line offensive and defensive unit)

destroyer~detection unit (can still use weapons but not as powerful as the battleship/detects stealthed units)

corvette~stealth unit (has the ability to go stealth in combat if no detector present)

cruiser~invasion/sabotage unit (useful for invading planets/sabotaging enemy systems in combat)

transport~colony ship/troop transport (used as is/if ground combat comes into play can bring in additional troops)

the abilitys can be cards to be played during combat.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 10:05:51 AM
you are probbly right but i still fukk that it isn't a space fight without carriers think how nuch it will add and one more thing check out in my profile the thread i have some coll idease and chek it out
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:20:09 AM
Bombers, fighter bombers, and interceptors would be a really nice aspect to the game. Maybe even a race specializing in all smaller craft, without anything larger than a corvette.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 5:19:14 AM
a race of "muskitoas" specizlizad in carrires and sapce comabt with hei sapcships(planes) and think a ton of crafts attacking you harresting you
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 8:21:11 AM
Valaska wrote:
Bombers, fighter bombers, and interceptors would be a really nice aspect to the game. Maybe even a race specializing in all smaller craft, without anything larger than a corvette.

I'd love to know how they'll bombard other planets and such when lacking anything capable of carrying big things. Maybe an race that just specializes in smaller crafts, got more bonuses with em. But not really restrict that race to them.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment