Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Combat Movement Cards? And Targeting?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:43:59 PM
People may or may not have posted about this already but I think the combat could hugely benefit from the addition of movement and targeting options.

Movement: Maintaining the current card and phase systems, except adding an additional card set. So that two cards would be played per phase. This would have cards that try to move the fleets between each of the three distances. So that ships/fleets could be customised for the three ranges of combat and then attempt to stay there.

For example: If I had a ship set up with missiles I would select a strategy card as per usual I would now however select a moment card also called I don’t know “Pattern Alpha” this pattern attempts to keep the ship at long range. However as with all the cards it could be countered so that an enemy counter would bring them closer to the ship.

Targeting: at the beginning of each phase the priority target should be set also. So that there is some player chose in how the battle plays out. Maybe even specific area targeting of enemy ships so that ship engines could be destroyed taking it out of the next phase?

Also I would love to see certain strategy cards like ‘Ramming Speed’ or reactor ‘overload’ for close range fights.

I think this would make the space combat really epic with a high level of player satisfaction in the outcome of each battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:47:11 PM
That is an excellent solution to my idea of the combat system! I like the simple card system but think some sort of targeting or more in depth options are needed to make my fleet not feel like a crew of one eyed ravens.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment