Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A couple of questions (suggestions)...

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 8:25:10 AM
Perhaps these question have been asked before, if so I'm sorry.

First about Command and Control, which does not strike me as properly streamlined.

I really wonder who designed fleet control and why he did it that way. Or perhaps I just do not understand how to do it correctly. If I build a ship I have to enter the system, queue it and wait a few turns. Then I get a notification that somewhere in my empire a ship is ready and waiting (on a planets surface?!). Because then I have to enter the system, click the ship, make a fleet, have to exit the system, click the ship/fleet again (which is sometimes not that easy somehow) and then order it to do what I want it to do. Mhhhh. That is quite complicated, especially for something that is supposed to happen a hundred times in a game.

So why is the fleet not automatically in orbit? Could even have a blinking star on top to make me see that it is a new fleet awaiting orders! Or perhaps one could make a few shortcuts. If you want it to be out of orbit after production a double tap that leads to the galaxy map with already selected fleet would be nice.

One other thing. I noticed that there is no notification when a planet is NOT producing anything. It would be nice if it could notify me (like a small exclamation mark atop the galaxy map planet symbols) or if it would default to say science or money making or something (like it did in the old Civ-series).

And another thing: I really think the font is not perfect, I have a rather big 27" monitor running FullHD and I had problems reading some of the numerous texts. The font could be clearer and the font size a bit bigger for my taste.

Many thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 8:27:36 AM
The fleet isn't in orbit directly because you can create ships on assieged systems, and you don't want to send them to combat before you build some.

But I'd like a button to auto-fleet on the screen that says what has been built that turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:25:28 AM
Since this thread contains suggestions I'm moving it to a more appropriate section.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 12:36:50 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
The fleet isn't in orbit directly because you can create ships on assieged systems, and you don't want to send them to combat before you build some.

But I'd like a button to auto-fleet on the screen that says what has been built that turn.

Well that would help too. But isn't it a bit complicated to make the player click 5 times more only because at some point a ship might be produced in a system under siege? Wouldn't it be more straightforward to make fleets automatically and give you a special warning only it a production under siege occurs?

And what about the font size. Am I the only one? Come on. I'm only 33 and I do not wear glasses. :-D
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 12:46:02 PM
If the ships were put immediately into orbit they would be easy to pick off one by one by invading fleets.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment