Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] Suggestions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 3:54:14 PM
Excellent suggestions thread stickied - I've written some suggestions myself on a piece of paper after only 2 days of playing and quite a few are already there, although I hope you'll forgive me if any are repeated:

1. Difficulty levels. I dropped down to Newbie with the aim of reaching the high techs and playing around but was killed on go 24 by an aggressive AI which had a start 3 stars away from me - I doubt this will encourage that many new players to persist. FAO trolls - I played MOO2 and 3 and have clocked up over 1000 hours on civ 5, including an immortal victory. I can play these games!

2. Notifications. There are no notifications for research stopping (for whatever reason) or even to remind you to start. Notifications do not carry over to the next turn. Also - no combat notifications? You can lose whole systems before noticing they were even under attack.

3. Why can the AI run through my fleet at a planet but I can't run through theirs?

4. Combat during end of turn is always automated - is this intentional? This tends to draw one into attacking on ones own terms.

5. Building queues. I am a terrible person and love to stack long production queues but also like to be able to change the order of said queues - can't even send a new item (like a quick emergency dreadnought) to the top of the queue - one has to cancel all items in the queue first currently.

6. Keyboard shortcuts please. Can't tell you how many times I've pressed F6 to open my research screen.

7. Have you considered some form of ingame encyclopaedia to assist with tech planning, ship building, etc?

8. Population and improvements don't seem to be harmed or damaged during invasion? Handy, but unlikely.

Otherwise, thank you for a pretty and fun game. I think I will come back to the tech balancing suggestions I have in mind after a few more games.

S
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 4:08:05 PM
I'm not sure what your issue with the newbie AI, its ships are terribly built and are destroyed if you build even a few ships early game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 4:20:07 PM
snobskidoo wrote:
Excellent suggestions thread stickied - I've written some suggestions myself on a piece of paper after only 2 days of playing and quite a few are already there, although I hope you'll forgive me if any are repeated:

1. Difficulty levels. I dropped down to Newbie with the aim of reaching the high techs and playing around but was killed on go 24 by an aggressive AI which had a start 3 stars away from me - I doubt this will encourage that many new players to persist. FAO trolls - I played MOO2 and 3 and have clocked up over 1000 hours on civ 5, including an immortal victory. I can play these games!

The A.I can be very aggressive currently. Best advice for now is to be aggressive yourself and expand early and at least build a couple ships very early on to delay them from attacking you.

2. Notifications. There are no notifications for research stopping (for whatever reason) or even to remind you to start. Notifications do not carry over to the next turn. Also - no combat notifications? You can lose whole systems before noticing they were even under attack.

Been brought up multiple times in the past about the lack of notifications. I find the bubbles above the end turn button sufficient regarding research and planet building, but the game does lack sufficient notifications of when you are being attacked ect. Currently you can open the empire management window and any planet symbol that is red has an enemy fleet on it. Green means it has friendly fleet.

3. Why can the AI run through my fleet at a planet but I can't run through theirs?

Known bug and should be fixed in the next build.

4. Combat during end of turn is always automated - is this intentional? This tends to draw one into attacking on ones own terms.

Known bug and hopefully will be fixed for the next build.

5. Building queues. I am a terrible person and love to stack long production queues but also like to be able to change the order of said queues - can't even send a new item (like a quick emergency dreadnought) to the top of the queue - one has to cancel all items in the queue first currently.

This should be a feature coming in the future. possibly the next build.

6. Keyboard shortcuts please. Can't tell you how many times I've pressed F6 to open my research screen.

The game really does lack shortcut keys, but hopefully the closer it gets to full release the more chance they will be added.

7. Have you considered some form of in-game encyclopaedia to assist with tech planning, ship building, etc?

There is an archive button in the game. Many suspect this will become some sort of encyclopaedia in the future.

8. Population and improvements don't seem to be harmed or damaged during invasion? Handy, but unlikely.

Not sure how to really respond to this. I do like the handy feature of it though myself as constantly rebuilding everything on a system would become very tedious.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 4:20:58 PM
I appreciate that it's not that hard to take them down - the point is that as a Newbie, you probably shouldn't have to do so at least until you have built a ship ...

I would have preferred them to not to attack in the first 50 turns or ideally even wait to be attacked. They seem extremely hostile for a "Newbie" level. I normally only play on such difficulty settings to test out the features or quickly reach the high techs.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment