Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Custom Race Option

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:16:52 PM
After playing a few games on endless space I was inspired to go back and play some older games I had that have similar gameplay, Namely Master of Orion. While endless space is by far more entertaining than the old classic MoO, I found that there was one feature I gravely missed in Endless space.

That would be the custom race feature. Selecting that allowed me to distribute a certain number of points how I saw fit to create a race that better suited how I play than any of the defaults. So far I like the main races but none of them really suit me. hell some of them are terrifyingly unsuited for my style. (Hissho anyone?) I instead find myself on every race stuck with several bonuses that I have no use for, and on some, hissho again, a crippling penalty.

So, that said, My suggesting as you can see would be to add a custom race selection. It would be easy enough I think, just to be giving a certain number of points to spend on the bonuses you want, with Penalty options to give a few extra points to spend. Master of Orion did this very well, with the points you had you could make something suited to your style, but no matter how hard you tried if you wanted to take the all parts you really liked you would /have/ to take a penalty as well to have enough points.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:52:41 PM
awesome. I an glad to see this ^.^ this thread can be deleted if needed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:44:24 PM
I'll just close it, instead. smiley: wink
0Send private message
Comment