Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Tech tree without leaves.

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:10:37 PM
At the moment the tech tree seems kind of bare and short, i feel that smaller extra technologys branching off of each major technology would allow empires to focus on what they want the most.

Like lasers? this little improvment gives a module that spasificly helps them!

Colonising lava worlds? try the minor tech that boosts their food production by 20%!

from little things like these the techtree could actually start to blossom and grow outwards from the major projects with all the little techs that are not significant improvemnets but will help any focused empire. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:59:08 PM
The depth and complexity you are imagining is quite interesting, and would require maybe five times as many technologies as currently exist in order to implement it.

While I like the idea, and see it as an additional zoom-in level, there are already many people crying foul over having to look at "the whole tech tree at once." They want it to be mysterious and random, and best not to think about it, because that's a lot of decision making. As you can see, I'm firmly in the "wanna think about it" camp.

All I can say is they have taken a bold step in presenting the entirety of a complete tech tree, and I for one am very glad.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:01:57 PM
AngleWyrm wrote:
The depth and complexity you are imagining is quite interesting, and would require maybe five times as many technologies as currently exist in order to implement it.

While I like the idea, and see it as an additional zoom-in level, there are already many people crying foul over having to look at "the whole tech tree at once." They want it to be mysterious and random, and best not to think about it, because that's a lot of decision making. As you can see, I'm firmly in the "wanna think about it" camp.

All I can say is they have taken a bold step in presenting the entirety of a complete tech tree, and I for one am very glad.

I agree, and it is nice. I even want an entire extra branch to go with my more in-depth combat scheme smiley: smile /#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/11640-5th-tech-tree-military-doctrine
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment