Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Seperate health bars for ships during combat

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:01:12 PM
While it's always fun guessing which of my ships have died I think it would be pretty cool if there was a list of my ships during the combat phase and I could see their individual health, rather than the one health bar representing the fleet. I know it wouldn't make a huge difference or really help at all when choosing my cards, but I think it would make combat a bit more interesting if you know who's getting focused. You wouldn't need to see enemy ship health of course.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:05:59 PM
It would be a bit more interesting but until we get some decent camera work It may just be annoying.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:29:17 PM
Would be valuable information to decide whether the fleet can tank it another phase or I pop the repair card this phase. Would also make the combat more meaningful to watch.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 3:20:06 AM
Yeah honestly I'm not sure why there isn't at least the option to see individual ship status bars in combat. It's really hard to tell how ships are doing, besides the visual indicators such as fires or whatnot going on in the combat, which are hard to see sometimes with all the shots flying and the card effects going.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:29:34 PM
This would definitely be useful. Granted, I tend to know which of my ships have died (always the smallest; the larger don't seem to get hurt).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:40:16 PM
shugyosha wrote:
Would be valuable information to decide whether the fleet can tank it another phase or I pop the repair card this phase.

Agreed. There would be point in building many big shielded ships in the front and have bigger guns fire from the back. Other threads have mentioned formations. Many little details added to the combat will make it more delightful to play and watch.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:54:31 AM
Oh, I definitely agree with this...

It's very annoying when your fleet is at 90% and you suddenly notice that one of your ships is missing.

Likewise it's annoying when the entire opposition fleet is at a sliver of red left in the bar, but they still have all their ships. :P

And for those that don't want it... Make it optional!

(I better hit the post reply button before I start ranting about why game designers almost always think that optional UI elements are evil...)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment