Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion/Visuals] Beam weapons

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:35:40 AM
I was looking at one of my battles and one thing crossed my mind. Why the heck my ships fire "laser bullets" when i use beam weapons. I do understand that there are some "propel plasma" weapons in the research tree, but most of em are still BEAM weapons.

Hope that's just the alpha and beams are, essentially, kinetics with changed visuals.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:41:17 AM
Continuous beams would definitely look prettier. If a destroyer is a few hundred meters long, then we're engaging at ranges of a few to several kilometers, which light would cover instantaneously, hence continuous beam.

Similarly, the current spectral ordering on the tech tree is somewhat illogical (green -> blue -> violet -> red) and could stand a shift to (red -> green -> blue -> violet) so that they correspond to increasing frequency = increasing energy.

If they would prefer to have particle bursts, maybe we can get them renamed to "particle weapons"?

Also, has come up before. See this thread, among others.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 8:46:29 AM
Bah, i was searching for 'beam' coz not all beam weapons are lasers smiley: smile Thanks for link.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:10:15 AM
I saw your post regarding beam weapons, however i can't see your link. Could you help me out and post it again or send it to me in a private message?

haha sorry about that i only just realized that the link was in text, sorry about that
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment