Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Stellar Construction

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 10:57:10 PM
Stellar Construction is a pretty general term and hence I have quite a few suggestions actually. I've played the alpha now for a few hours and finished my first game. I'll have to say for an alpha I was very positively surprised, and it doesn't seem like I'll regret pre-ordering the game at all. But now to my point, during the game I've been missing any kind of Stellar Construction as the game effectively involves nothing of the kind, except maybe for some of the Stellar Improvements but I can't really bring myself to count them, as they barely pop up as a single icon and a few improved numbers. I'll just start listing a few ideas I have:

Starbases:

After reading through the forums for a few hours I found out that so far no starbases are planned for the game. While I have mixed emotions about that I can very well understand the points against starbases of any kind and have to agree. Due to that the only suggestion I have to make about starbases would be to have some kind of Drone Base as a fast task force static carrier in a star system to prevent enemies from just crossing through your space at will (as well as fleets being able to intercept enemies, obviously).

Megaconstruction (Ringworld/Sphereworlds/etc.):

Again, to implement things like this probably won't be easy without unbalancing the game or involving unnecessary complex tasks.

I could however imagine it to be possible to "scrap" a system with a small sun and build a single sphereworld around it, done properly and realistically that could very well be able to fit into the game without unbalancing anything, not to mention it would relieve the task of managing several planets in favor of one really big one.

Stellar Construction for specific stellar objects:

Now to the (in my opinion at least) best part of my ideas which I really think can definitely be implemented into the game.

- Black Holes: The first example would be black hole mining, there's already a tech for it so as soon as black holes are in the game it should be possible to construct mining stations for black holes, probably a ring centered around the black hole, preventing it from getting sucked in. Those stations could increase industrial output, harvest dust and further research.

- Quasar, Blazar, Pulsars, Magnetars, Neutron Stars, etc.: Stellar bases around such objects could further research and increase industrial output.

- Nebulae: Stellar stations constructed in nebulae could be used to harvest Dust and further research.

- Other Stellar Objects (dark matter, anti-matter, remnants of the endless): Well there's still quite some space for creativity here I guess, stations around those objects could give further empire-wide advantages like the planetary resources.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment