Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Composite suggestion] UI improvement suggestions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 1:51:52 AM
I haven't seen these posted anywhere, if it is a repost I apologize. I consider these all minor, but the add up to be significant. I don't care about graphical improvements, the game looks pretty enough so all of my suggestions revolve around things that bother me from a functional stand point.

[LIST=1]
  • It would be very nice if I could upgrade a fleet from the galaxy map rather than hunt it down in the fleet view. I realize this might be a problem, so a good fix or generalization would be to have a button in the fleet info box in the galaxy map that takes you to that fleet's entry in the fleet management panel.
  • Please remove the rotation/skew as you move your mouse in the System view. It is insanely annoying. If you must do a rotation to show the 3d-ness of your UI, do it to only to the planet you are mousing over. e.g. currently the mouse over planet increases in size, change the code so that your fancy rotation code rotates the planet as it zooms in, not the whole system.
  • Add WASD functionalty to the Technology View the same way it is implemented in the Galaxy View.
  • Towards the end of the game, the System View Improvement Panel becomes heavily cluttered with improvements that are useless for the system in question. It would be much better if improvements that have no benefit for a system are simply not displayed as options for construction.
  • It is difficult to determine what a particular resource (eg. Titanium-70 ) allows you to build. The only way I am aware of is to mouse over every result of every technology in the entire technology tree. I'm not sure the best way to represent this data as I still haven't completely figured it out. I had one experience where I researched a technology only to not be able to use it without Titanium-70 I now understand why, and what to look for, but as a new player this caught me off guard. It seems to me that it is more useful to look up techs and improvements by resource type (eg. when you run into one in a system )
  • [/LIST]
    0Send private message
    12 years ago
    May 12, 2012, 2:51:37 AM
    These are great suggestions. All of them are already being discussed in the suggestions thread. Please take a look at the resources in my sig.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment