Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Ground battles

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:42:37 PM
stevenmc409 wrote:
Certainly is as good as Sword of the Stars and that game had an expansion pack and a sequel.

Haha, I agree SotS is great, but the whole reason I originally bought it was because of one comment I saw while perusing the Internet, "...Telepathic, teleporting Space Dolphins." I had to look into it after that.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 7:09:43 PM
Imperial walkers.......AT-AT walkers.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 10:21:04 AM
VulpesWalker wrote:
maybe in an expansion or something,

that could work i like it multiplayer ain't my strongsuit though
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 2:25:07 AM
Honestly I'm not sure ground battles are exactly the way to go considering the current game mechanics, maybe in an expansion or something, But I really want to see multiplayer, AI, and a few other more fundamental parts get fixed first.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 27, 2012, 12:05:21 AM
please everyone who views give me some help we do this well enough and we can suggest it to the dev team
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 9:21:07 PM
i have not invaded an enemy system yet so i dont know if we can do what im suggesting but if it has not been done how about this when invading an enemy planet you get a battle cinematic like you do in space battles but with ground units and to get them to the enemy planet you take a colony ship or transporter wondering if you guys can do this but it's seems like it could be a big task so i won't mind if it gets rejected
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:40:36 PM
stevenmc409 wrote:
Certainly is as good as Sword of the Stars and that game had an expansion pack and a sequel.

I personally wouldn't go that far.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:39:34 PM
ShadowWolf wrote:
I certainly hope it does. Even in its rough, this ball of carbon already shines like a diamond in some areas and I'd love if this became a continued series. Certainly it's too early to be thinking of that given it's still just alpha of the first, but I am sure we all can agree this game is quite amazing.

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:37:35 PM
ShadowWolf wrote:
I certainly hope it does. Even in its rough, this ball of carbon already shines like a diamond in some areas and I'd love if this became a continued series. Certainly it's too early to be thinking of that given it's still just alpha of the first, but I am sure we all can agree this game is quite amazing.

Only in alpha and I hope there are expansions, I loved Galactic Civilizations and only wished for a true multi player on it, this game is moving in the right direction and I agree in whole that this should push forward into it's own series.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:33:38 PM
stevenmc409 wrote:
expansion pack or sequel if this game has any.

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:31:06 PM
If we actualy have ground battles, i want to be able to design my troops (Somthing simple like a mech or tank) so i can actually plan baised on what technology the enemy has and the terrain of the planets.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:30:21 PM
I think this is already on the suggestion list and the response from the Devs was something like maybe in an expansion pack or sequel if this game has any.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 10:25:24 PM
Garg has a very valid point, it would make more sense if it was like Galactic Civilizations where it was a sort of dice roll to determine, but given its mechanics it wouldn't make too much sense to have a cinematic. It's not necessarily a bad idea, it'd be rather cool to see something, but it may not fit as nicely as we'd like. I just use my imagination and there is a certain advantage to that, because, if you read the personal shielding description it says that it's protection for your soldiers or robots, this really leaves it open for you to imagine what your soldiers look like, fight with, and so on. I rather like the room for interpretation that we're given.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment