Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Proposal: squadrons

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 9:46:39 AM
VieuxChat wrote:
Maybe fighters are a 4th kind of weapon ?

Yes I was thinking something like that.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 9:33:43 AM
On the idea of the Squadrons moving between systems why not create a module that will let a ship carry them around. I'd imagine during combat they would act as was stated previously, like a missile that buzzes around and does additional annoying damage =D I would like to see a carrier hull with a bonus (Say it lets you hold an addition 2 squadrons?)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:18:33 AM
I was just on my way over to suggest this as an idea.

Natural extension to this would be a line of research for fighter/bombers/capacity and combat cards for aggressive (+damage) and defence (+missile intercept, counters aggressive fighter power).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:12:55 AM
I feel as though that with these smaller ships, they need to travel with a larger one to move from star to star, so you would have fleets that consist of 1 large ship (battlecruiser, dreadnaught, etc) with a couple of squadrons, maybe around 5. The basic squadrons main goal in combat would be to harass the opposing factions cruisers, or to defend yours from enemy squadrons. Then there would be bomber squadrons, that are weak against squadrons, but strong against cruisers. The cinematic combat system this game has would work very well with the new action squadrons would bring to the game, giving the battle scene more camera angles to work with and also more subjects to follow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:08:54 AM
This idea seems along the lines of what people have been suggesting for carriers and fighters. In this case the idea of squadrons could be along these lines:

Design a ship with 'fighter squadron' or 'bomber squadron' offensive slots, like kinetic or laser. Fighters can have kinetic, we'll say, and bombers can have missiles/torpedoes. These can be defended against in the current battle system by a card, say, flak cannons or something. The visual animations of a fighter or bomber squadron could work similarly to the way missiles operate, but once they get around the enemy fleet they buzz around inflicting more damage until fought off. Fighters could additionally serve as anti-fighters/bombers themselves. Fighters engaged with other fighters could dogfight in the middle of the battle or around the ships, depending upon which side seems to be winning this side of the fight - like a tug of war.

I might have just stolen the thunder on the OP's idea, but hey, it's not bad when fleshed out a little.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 2:59:21 AM
Most ppl here have played stuff far older than that. smiley: smile

Could you evolve the idea how it would work in the current combatsystem.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment