Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Suggestion] Summary of the game, The big picture

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 7:00:15 PM
sagittary wrote:
Basically, an after-action report. Also, that looks like the most colorful donut in the world. Which makes me hungry.

Aha I agree with you with the whole donut thing. And that's exactly what it would be. A battle report coupled with a map. And also the ability to rewatch your save battles also but I think the developpers are already tracking that
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 9:12:43 PM
I full agree with the idea, the end of game need "something more", after hour of play it's like a reward... a map and some graphics are a good prize!! I remember the old civilizations, depending your score people put your name to an institute, hospital, river, etc... was cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 7:45:09 PM
a really good feature to have in this game the recap but also a save replay feature would be great
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 5, 2012, 6:32:19 PM
Please, let this get added! It really makes games so much more satisfying for me. Why don't more 4x games do this?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 8:47:26 AM
I also liked the way Civ was showing the game from start to end, including some events like the founding of new cities.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 7:11:19 AM
That's a good idea.

the map with the progression of each player, and maybe a graph of the progression of each domains could be an excellent addition.

and a button. a simple button in the menu "Restart map" ???
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 6:12:56 AM
Oh thanks a lot MC I will definitely take a look at his vids. it shows exactly what I meant in my description.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 5:56:23 PM
I had planned to suggest this as well, great minds..

here's a link to a video of the civ4 end game summary, showing map, score graph, and game events. also power charts, detailed stats.

skip to time 2:01:00 www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ur4uju1wnc

OT - the creator of that video TheMelnTeam does great LP's on strategy games like civ4, I have learnt things from them that can be applied to ES - worth checking.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 14, 2012, 5:26:48 PM
I agree. I liked this feature in CIV and I think it could be great for this game, too.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:40:05 AM
I'm not sure someone proposed this kind of thing already but here's what I was thinking about:

At the end of my games in CIV4, I loved the idea that you can see a summary of what happened in your just played game. There was a map where you could see what happened at each moment of the game.

In Endless space, you could see that as a big map of the galaxy, which, according to the time passing by, would show all the races advance in conquering stars in the galaxy and the borders of their empire as well as all the events that happened in the time.

Thanks to that you can see the big picture from the beginning to the end of the game.

I don't know if I'm really clear on what I'm saying but Here's what I'm talking about in CIV4:

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:26:22 PM
The ablity to rewatch your saved battles would also be cool, for in game and to share on the forums!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 6:21:41 PM
eXorZist wrote:

Basically, an after-action report. Also, that looks like the most colorful donut in the world. Which makes me hungry.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:19:42 PM
I love timelines, summaries, graphs that sum up how you did over the game. smiley: biggrin I expect this won't be a big priority for release, but if it could get in sometime after...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 4:11:20 PM
Yeah this would be a great thing to add. In all the Civ games I played they all had this feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 3:17:24 PM
I agree, this sounds like something worth of adding. Not to mention I just like flashy colored statistics which also a lot of information in a neat and easy to understand way.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 12:19:17 PM
Yes exactly, and thanks to that you could see what you did right/wrong during your game and try to fix it.

Seeing your score is good, but showing the details of each sector: economy, tech, military etc... Could add something to the gameplay
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 13, 2012, 11:48:12 AM
I also loved that. Moreover, I liked the graphs as well for economic growth, military, population etc etc. Would be cool to see this added into Endless Space.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment