Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 30, 2012, 9:19:28 PM
Don't cross the streams dude.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 1:20:29 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Depedning on the weapon, either bolts or beams are cool.

Would also be cool if all the projectiles traveled faster......space dont be slowing nothing down and would make all the combat more aggressive as ships are rapidly torn to pices by beams shells and torps traveling at "redonkulous" speeds.

I lol'd.

Also wouldn't it be great if that "long-range" phase where missiles are effective involved...I dunno...some missiles? Seriously, if I could actually see guns on the side of the ship and different bullets fired it'd be friggen unreal and would give me a reason to play manual instead of auto-ing for speed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 11:52:56 PM
Echo35 wrote:
Ooo, yes please! They do look an awful lot like the rail gun shots as they currently are. Also, any chance of making them the same color as your empire color? That would look neat.

+1 smiley: smile Indeed smiley: approval
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 1:00:52 PM
Netvyper wrote:
You could even write it into the game that the addition of extra "lasers" is the addition of additional power/cooling to keep the emitters operational for longer smiley: smile

I suppose that could be done, doesn't sound too hard.

It seems until now we have a really significant result, 47|2 for lasers.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 11:26:11 PM
Ooo, yes please! They do look an awful lot like the rail gun shots as they currently are. Also, any chance of making them the same color as your empire color? That would look neat.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 18, 2012, 11:29:41 PM
Depedning on the weapon, either bolts or beams are cool.

Would also be cool if all the projectiles traveled faster......space dont be slowing nothing down and would make all the combat more aggressive as ships are rapidly torn to pices by beams shells and torps traveling at "redonkulous" speeds.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:20:46 AM
By lazors, I am assuming you mean beams? Anywho if this were implemented, I think the lower end lasers should be of bolt design while higher quality ones should be beams. Just my $0.02.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 3:27:43 AM
jumpyg1258 wrote:
By lazors, I am assuming you mean beams? Anywho if this were implemented, I think the lower end lasers should be of bolt design while higher quality ones should be beams. Just my $0.02.

Yup of course I'm talking about the lasers here smiley: smile

As for the suggestion, I'd recommen rather posting it in the other thread than here, but I somewhat agree, apart from the fact that the first energy weapon is the actual laser which seems logical to me, there should be some mixing.

So far the votes are pretty clear, we need more lazors.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 4:59:24 AM
My preference would be that only the highest-tier beams are continuous beams. Somehow I just can't fit the concepts of "energy bolt" and "Epic cannon of lazory death" together. Death Beams for the win.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 6:51:00 AM
Oliolli wrote:
My preference would be that only the highest-tier beams are continuous beams. Somehow I just can't fit the concepts of "energy bolt" and "Epic cannon of lazory death" together. Death Beams for the win.

We concur.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 8:57:09 AM
If the lasers are a constant beam? What is with the shilds?

By the fire of the bolds they are sometimes their to block.

But constant beam must have a constant shild that collapses at some moment

and from their the ship would be helpless.

I think that this does not have a place in this 3 phase battle style.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 11:54:22 AM
Virus wrote:
If the lasers are a constant beam? What is with the shilds?

By the fire of the bolds they are sometimes their to block.

But constant beam must have a constant shild that collapses at some moment

and from their the ship would be helpless.

I think that this does not have a place in this 3 phase battle style.

I don't see how those beams would affect the combat mechanics; the beams are there for maybe a few seconds not the whole fight, so for the shield it would be the same. Apart from looking different there wouldn't be any change to the combat system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 12:44:03 PM
KNC wrote:
I don't see how those beams would affect the combat mechanics; the beams are there for maybe a few seconds not the whole fight, so for the shield it would be the same. Apart from looking different there wouldn't be any change to the combat system.

I think this is the key thing... I want to see a beam stretching between my ship & the enemies... it doesn't need to last the entire fight/phase or whatever. Perhaps it could be based on the damage... so early beams are active for a short duration, perhaps even more like a flash or bolt... and the later ones are active for the majority of the phase... or similar. You could even write it into the game that the addition of extra "lasers" is the addition of additional power/cooling to keep the emitters operational for longer smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 1:10:03 PM
In my opinion the beams should just be quick flashes, if they are to be beams with lower-tier weapons as well. Additional energy weapons would simply mean more ZAPs in a row. The high-tier beams could be long-lasting beams of death (ZZZAAAAAAPPP Ker-Blam!), lower ones would just go "ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP".
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 1:41:11 PM
Oliolli wrote:
In my opinion the beams should just be quick flashes, if they are to be beams with lower-tier weapons as well. Additional energy weapons would simply mean more ZAPs in a row. The high-tier beams could be long-lasting beams of death (ZZZAAAAAAPPP Ker-Blam!), lower ones would just go "ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP ZAP".

Agree. Just because it's a beam and not a bolt doesn't mean it has to last for minutes, just a couple of secs will do nicely!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 2:54:37 PM
You can't see a laser beam in space. The only thing you'll see is a colored spot on the target.

The colored beam you want to see when the laser weapon is fired would make as much sense as the bolts... smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment