Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Orbital and Ground Based Defences

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 2:15:00 PM
So I was thinking the other day, why not have the ability to build orbital/ground defenses. These defenses would cause enemy fleets that are orbiting to bleed, they would stop to bleed once invasion has started. They would also help in battles, but each defense can only be used once a turn for battles. These would be extremely expensive due to their immense power.

Each defense varies, some literally insta-kill ships with only one round while others do medium damage to multiple ships. When using the defenses in a battle they will have a small dust cost, also their maitanace will be higher than most things. Some defenses (the more expensive ones) should have the ability to "wipe" a enemy fleet, the penalty would be X dust used and X turns till the defense can be used again this includeds the bleed.

The defenses could add approval for "Securaty Aproval", maybe +5, and orbital could add a POP or FIDS bonus. They would then be good in MANY ways, which makes them OP, that is why their maintanance cost would be simply out immense and over the top. Defense would benefit a lot in heavy war zones/front lines. Maitanaince cost would only be active WHIEL they are being used, this way the maintanance cost wouldn't destroy the factions economy.

I'm really sorry if this was already brought up, I did a quick search and didn't find anything close enough to what I was thinking. Thank you for your time :3
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 7:05:36 PM
The game really misses these things. I'd like to have some ground railguns or bunch of surface-to-space missiles.

What I think:

1. Fleets usually orbit around planets, I believe. But in this game fleets hmmm "orbit" around? above? entire systems.

2. Mait. cost must be always active, because these weapons must be on combat duty and that's costs something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 2:08:44 PM
Hi, i have been seeing the gameplay of endless space, and trying to decide if its worth or not to buy, and then i saw that its possible to give our suggestions for the game, and them i saw this interesting thread.

This are my suggestions:

1-I like the idea ,ground base defences, i would go further than just weapons that attack spaceships on orbit, i would say that a ground combat would make this game even better than it is.I am a total war fan, its campaign is turn based like this game, but what gives magic to total war games is the intesity of the battles, in this game that would be amazing, imagine, giant robots, ground troops, tanks, missiles everywhere, great citys, greats bangs, monsters, and the final touch, the heavy cavalary, the great space ships above giving support to the ground troops. Of course it his easy to just tell this, it would take a lot of work to make such a thing possible, but if this game had it iit would become my favourite game.

2-My second idea is that it would be possible to see the citys in the planet like in rome total war where we can see the citys, not just in war if what i said above would go into the game, but every time we want to see what we are fighting for, what ours many hours were invested into.

3-My third idea are massive stationary space bases, that can defend the solar system from invaders, not only they serve to defend but there could be a massive space base that would work as a stronghold of our aliance.

4-My fourth ideia would be the destruction of the space ships, what i meant is, when a giant space ship is destroyed instead of being obliterated to dust it could just dismantled itself in big blocks of trash that if another space ship would go against it it would suffer damage, i always like to see the place after the fight and huge amounts of rubble of space ships would give a magic touch to the game.

5-What i hate more in turn base games is that it has an end, where we cannot go on because there are no more turns, in the total war games we can go on but its boring because everithing stays the same, there is nothing new, i think that in this game we could surpass this by adding invasions of unknow aliens, like in mass effect 3.

I ask pardon from ZonalMagladon, because this is his thread and i told here some ideas that maybe were not meant for this thread, so i shall stop with this basic ideias.

Even so i would appreciated that the developers of this game read this and think a little on this suggestions, maybe is asking alot =)

Thanks for your time
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 5:31:14 PM
I think ground combat would bog the game down immensely. However, if it does get included, ships should be able to bombard. Even without ground combat, ships could be given a bombardment mod in their design, put it in the invasion techs somewhere. With sufficient time and damage from these it could be possible to destroy improvements on the systems being orbited. Bombing may or may not cease when invasion starts. This leads to planetary improvements of a defensive surface-to-space weapon battery to repel orbiting fleets, and/or a defensive array that would negate or mitigate such bombardments.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 7:51:39 PM
I agree that current ships' weapons can't be used against ground targets. That's space-to-space weapon. So we need some new toys to drop down to planets and maybe new B52-type hull.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 8:10:22 PM
ChillingTouch wrote:
I agree that current ships' weapons can't be used against ground targets. That's space-to-space weapon. So we need some new toys to drop down to planets and maybe new B52-type hull.

Seeing as ships in Endless space can fly through an atmosphere, why not?

Besides, it is the ships themselves that land on the planet to drop off troops.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment