Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Automate Completed Ship (In Hangers) Movement

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 6:21:54 PM
I would like propose to the dev team to create an enhancement that would apply to automatically assigning completed ships to be directed to a specified destination. This could be part of the game engine or could be activated after a certain tech is researched.

The starting system ship hanger crew could be commanded to transfer completed ships automatically to another system to either be placed in the hanger at the destination system or placed as a fleet in orbit of the destination system. When the destination system is selected, a path verification check would be performed to determine if the ship could be routed to the system, i.e., ownership, worm holes, influence areas, open borders, free flight, etc.

The purpose of this enhancement would permit the player to construct and send completed ships automatically from optimized ship construction systems to various choke point planetary system for fleet building or battle preparations.

If something similar has been proposed I was unable to find it searching.

Thank you.

Edit: I did find some information on "rally points" which sounds similar to what I'm proposing. If this is already in the proposal process, you may delete this post.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 9:13:51 AM
It does sound similar to rally points, which is something we are considering for our next improvements. smiley: smile But, thank you for your suggestion!
0Send private message
0Send private message
Comment