Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A button to hide improvements you don't want?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 8:34:04 PM
Hi,

I've been searching the forums but couldn't find anything, sorry if this has been a topic of discussion already.

Can we have a way of hiding improvements we don't ever want in that system? As it is I usually go over a few of the basics a couple of times, each time deciding it's not worth it. I kind of want to be able to remove them from the improvement building list so as to have a better overview of what I still want/need to build.

Thanks!

T.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 8:50:23 PM
It sounds like it could be a really bad idea, but I do support this. I hate all of those farm options being there that I won't ever use.

Maybe instead of removing them, we could have a 'sort by new' button, or have this automated.

I only ever look in this pile for 'new' things and they are usually hidden under all of the old **** I don't want!

smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 10:22:23 PM
How would it be a bad idea? I mean, one would still have to be able to call them up again, or recheck.

It's just that sometimes I go over an improvement, calculate the pro's and con's and think "Nope, not going to build that". Problem being, that 20 turns later I do that again because I've, ofcourse, forgotten I did that the first time. Just let me put those things away. Especially the defense improvements get annoying as I'll never build them in the majority of systems.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 10:24:53 PM
Nice idea you got there - but I see two problems: some people might forget what they have hidden and get confused by it - and we'd need a sort option (checkbox maybe?) for selecting what we want to hide (even save pre-sets maybe?)

All in all: smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 17, 2013, 11:45:03 PM
Yes but you'd need a way to un-hide them as well. As long as that's in then I'm all for it!
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 18, 2013, 12:08:54 PM
Just a same list like the one that lists the improvements you've already built.

And for difficulty, well, the game takes some understanding already and I don't think this would add much to it. I'm sick of recounting the moons to see if I want to build that gold for discovered moon improvement every time I recheck a starsystem smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 9:15:55 AM
In another thread i have proposed that for the system automatic manager we should be able to forbid some of the constructions. Like a shif click and a 'forbidden sign' appears on the icon. At anytime you can authorize back. Even if you don't use the auto-manager, you can see you had already chosen not to build this.

As for the moons, this is one very good reasons to use the auto-manager smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 22, 2013, 10:57:04 PM
I like the idea of hiding/un-hiding improvements because it does get a bit cluttered (I guess is the term I'm looking for) as the game progresses. Another is Sort By: Food/Industry/Dust/Science so that they would be in their little category.

Probably repeating what others have said but I like this idea! smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 3, 2013, 12:59:07 AM
Cluttering is exactly the word I'm looking for, and I always realize I'm too OCD to not eventually build the improvements when I shouldnt, just to clear the list of available improvements..

So is there any place I can suggest this option? A suggestion forum? Anyway this can get to the devs?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment