Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Planetary FIDS Output Spreadsheet

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 6:21:52 AM
In the Terraforming thread I mentioned working on a spreadsheet to show exactly what you can get out of every planet type and size. Well wait no longer, because I have the preliminary spreadsheet completed. Fair warning, this spreadsheet is just a generic set of calculations and does not account for racial affinities, racial improvements nor any of the traits. It does include all the +population improvements, a separate sheet for each exploitation (using only the top tier) including no exploitation with and without a moon, all planet types and sizes, a sheet showing all the exploitations, a sheet showing all the improvements that add to FIDS or Population including the per system bonuses and the maintenance cost of the improvements. Each planet is assumed to be the only one in the systems and only has the improvements built that are appropriate for it from the list on the improvements sheet.

I've attached a zip file containing the spreadsheet. This spreadsheet was created using Microsoft Excel 2007. IIRC Open Office should be able to open this as long as it's newer than the 2007 version.

For the record:

Jungle with Hyper-Scale Farms exploitation and Adaptive Industrial Systems improvement is the best production planet, beating Terran by 2-3 points on all sizes.

Terran is the best dust producing planet.

Ocean is the best science producing planet.

Edit: I forgot to mention that anomalies and resources are not taken into account either.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 12:51:35 AM
I've done some visual changes mainly to make things easier on the eyes and to find what you're looking for faster.

I think columns C to H could be moved from the "exploit" pages to the "Planets" page as it feels redundant having the same numbers on every page.

And the seperate moon pages could be merged with the main FIDS sheets.

Also I believe having the planet types in row 1 instead of column A would help reduce scrolling and use widescreen monitors more efficiently.

Plus I noticed a lot of inconsistencies with fonts and the locked row/column, but I guess that's to expect from the first version smiley: stickouttongue

PS. awesome job on all the calculations! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 9:05:27 AM
Cool, I did a similar thing recently, not as detailed though...

What would be great is that if you could toggle the various improvements and states. Because otherwise it's usefulness is quite limited, since you'll probably win the game before having built all the improvements.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 4:43:41 PM
Yeah, it would be great if you had one page where you could select the planet type, size, exploits etc, or choose which FIDS you want to maximize and it shows you what you need to get there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 6:52:37 PM
prassel wrote:
I've done some visual changes mainly to make things easier on the eyes and to find what you're looking for faster.

Could you attach the file?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 9:55:12 PM
AleNes wrote:
Could you attach the file?

Still a lot to finish up, and I seem to have a bug with the formatting styles changing with OpenOffice 3, and apparently it can't save in the same file format either.

I also added a new column for the industry to science conversion, but I'm not sure if that is already included in the original science tab numbers.
Planet Outputs.zip
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment