Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

is there a good build for automotons?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 22, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
Hi I’m currently on a Craven “Plague” ultra expansionist, growth plan, entrepreneurs, master of destruction, etc.

the sophon expansionist was also awesome.

Thinking of a good build for sowers but not sure how yet.

But when it comes for automotons, I can see the late game potential, but “not building anything” just can’t imagine, at least until deep mid game. And without any of the cool affinities, and nothing to compensate in their early teach tree… well, just can’t think of a build that would work, except for a pacifist maybe, but then I would just stick to the amoeba affinity so…
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 22, 2013, 10:41:40 PM
The automation affinity allows you to store production in the down time for rapid bursts of production.

Play as normal, but focus on improving your industry, and sit back heading for a peaceful victory when you have no improvements to build, storing up the extra industry so that if war comes (Or you want to start one) you can easily and rapidly build entire fleets.

The automaton special techs allow you to focus on turtling in systems, and an early terran terraforming techs (Cheaper on the industry too) and have other improvements that focus on terran worlds. While the resources needed for this are kinda mid-late game, if you can get them by mid game then you can terraform to T1 long before anybody else can.

This affinity can work well for peaceful and aggressive strategy's, and even have merit in small empire type strategy (Although larger empire strategy's are still superior).

Production is your ace in the hole.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 1:32:37 AM
yeahh get were you're going. Maybe the proper expansionist/amoeba like trait can get you were you want. A turtle faction is an interesting feature, but I keep feling early expansion still is the thing here. With a 3/3 science and some nerf fleet could do it…….
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 23, 2013, 6:50:35 PM
Yeah, turtling works best when you have the space and economy to back it up.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment