Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Galaxy Generator Regions

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 6:42:17 AM
What do the colors represent in Public/GalaxyGenerator/Regions? Same with /Density

I've tried messing around and changing the colors but it doesn't seem to change where my empire starts. Do the colors have any relevance? I assumed they did since i looked inside the .xml's and found them referencing to specific colors and those image files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 5:06:06 PM
I don't know. Maybe it's just "regions" to avoid two players being too close at start.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 7:45:44 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
I don't know. Maybe it's just "regions" to avoid two players being too close at start.

Should be this. Doubt the colors have any relevance other than that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 4:52:17 AM
I remember the devs saying that they used C# to program the galaxy generation library. I'm curious on how exactly it uses the images...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 1:59:58 PM
Remscar wrote:
I remember the devs saying that they used C# to program the galaxy generation library. I'm curious on how exactly it uses the images...

I'm more than curious on how the devs got the actual images into the game. I mean, I have lurked around the game files and haven't found even a single picture.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 2:28:30 PM
Upgradecap wrote:
I'm more than curious on how the devs got the actual images into the game. I mean, I have lurked around the game files and haven't found even a single picture.

The game runs in Unity (From what i understand), which compiles all the assets into an archive, therefore you won't actually see plain old art files.

The Galaxy Generator plugin coded in C# imports the image files and uses them somehow, i haven't had enough time to test it quite yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 2:35:49 PM
But how does the implementation work? Where does the engine search for it?

Those are the things that I want to know smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 9:28:50 PM
I managed to decompile and recompile the galaxy generatorion plugin with only slight difficulties. However as a repaired some lines i caused a bit of damage and as a result solar system placements are (a bit) off center.

Let the modding begin.

Edit

Fixed what i did wrong, all engines forward now.

Edit:

Confirmed that the color on the galaxy shape map represents an empire starting location. White = no empire start.

Edit:

The density map is not used for any sort of calculations. The only significance it has is from its dimensions, which are the same as the region map. I assume a future plan is to add in actual density since i found a helper function that returns the bitmap for easier usage.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment