Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mod support

Copied to clipboard!
13 years ago
Mar 17, 2012, 10:51:24 AM
How much mod support are you planing to give this game, will it be possible to add new shipsets,waepons, planets?
0Send private message
13 years ago
Mar 18, 2012, 1:16:00 AM
I'd be thinking there will be, since pretty much all games of this type have it & it seems to be quite popular . How much though I don't know. We will just have to wait until the Dev's are ready to inform us. Getting the game up and running is no doubt their main concern at this point though I would think.

Edit: to add this was posted a few days ago-

Originally Posted by SpaceTroll View Post

To make it clear when playing a faction, you can:

- pick one of the 8 predefined ones

- create a custom one, by attributing a set number of points in many many different traits, giving you the possibility to create any crazy alien you might think of

- we are also looking into using modding to create both visually and gameplay wise, for even crazier factions
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 18, 2012, 1:22:04 PM
I think that adding new weapons/modules would be trivial (text, image, some choice of prebuild features and requirements). Adding a new ship class might be difficult/impossible as it will require additional gui work. Adding a new faction on itself will not be that difficult (again - texts, images, prebuild features as shown in faction creation thread). Again the most problematic thing would be ship sets.

I wonder how the techtree is being orginized. Is it just a list of techs with coordinates for tech icons? Or is it a manually drawn/created image with everything being put in right places? How connectors are being drawn? Etc.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 18, 2012, 2:05:23 PM
Yeah, having mod support here will be awesome. Though, the game hasen't been released yet, right?

(First time poster on this forum here, ;D. Came here from okims suggestion in the starfarer forums smiley: biggrin)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 20, 2012, 3:17:43 PM
No problem. I tried to send a word to our local Russian gamer`s community (ag.ru / Advanced Gamer). But they are too slow to react. I`m afraid that by the time they will actually read my messages ES will be already released smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 1:47:29 PM
Okim from SoTS Primesmiley: smile

I still play the ACM mate, especially considering what a major screw up 2 issmiley: smile

I look forward to your work on this although so far this alpha appears more complete than most release...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 4, 2012, 1:57:56 PM
LambChop wrote:
Okim from SoTS Primesmiley: smile

I still play the ACM mate, especially considering what a major screw up 2 issmiley: smile

I look forward to your work on this although so far this alpha appears more complete than most release...

Agreed.

Though i do want to know how on earth I'm going to implement my stuff in the game?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:15:57 AM
There better be some mod support. That is the highlight I look for in games. Because no matter how great the game. Mods always make it better once you get bored with the stock game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment