Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Possibilities...

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 11:02:32 PM
Hi, i'm having a GREAT time with Endless Space, so because i like to start modding projects now and then, i was wondering if these points of the game can be moddable:

What can be already done:

- Number of planets per solar system (i would like maybe 12 with the colonization ratio lowered maybe...)

* This one seems can be done editing xml files (too bad for me didn't noticed that :P) by Remscar

- Names of the stars and constellations

- Anomalies modding (we can modify what planets have which anomaly and the base chance for an anomaly to spawn)

- Resource stats modding and conditions, Planets stats and resources

* Info added by Azalrion

What we hope can be done:

- Planet textures (if we can add external assets, of course) to have something like 200, 300+ planet textures and every planet will never look the same (oh well maybe 1 or 2 :P)

- Ship models (read this one too -^)

- Add anomalies (without overwriting the existing ones)

- Add races, let's say adding and not overwriting them, great games with a random selection of all available races so something like Star Control VS Star Trek VS Endless Space VS Star Wars VS Star Gate can happen

- Customize music for races we add

- Customizable Tech Tree, i don't think that a research can be sold, or exchanged like in diplomatic relations... i personally don't like these interactions and would make the AI simpler to script smiley: biggrin someone else can... it's.. personal smiley: biggrin

- Mission generation with custom trigger events

- Something else that for a reason can't remember now :P

I know most of the things maybe are hardcoded, and i know that this will change Endless Space in a "framework" for 4X games... but it will be a great one and personally i would bought it three times instead of one smiley: biggrin

Maybe someone else can add something he like in this post, and maybe the devs can tell me "no way this and that" and i'll put a "no" against a entry...

Hope this one won't take too much of your time to read or eventually reply, i'm the type of customer that really values the times and efforts you will put into and will support buying expansions and DLC's because it's already a great game smiley: smile

Edit: Updated :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 11:10:54 PM
Number of planets and stars are currently customizable by editing some xml files.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:00:26 AM
Renaming stars and such will maybe be available in the final game. It's on the whishlidt.

About art assets : they use the unity engine which encapsulate all the art assets. So it won't be as easy as changing a jpg file into another.

What I really really hope is a way to create scenarios through triggers, and the ability to create readable screens like the tutorial (I'd like to redo the tutorial to make something more friendly, with less text at once and with a little plot)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 10:20:42 AM
Well i hope for that too, for now i'll put this one on the list too and hope they can watch it and make some of these available for us smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 5:59:25 PM
Was hoping to find the victory conditions so i could get by the victory conditions bug...no luck smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:58:31 PM
Currently,

You can alter anomaly, temple, moon, resource, lux. resource, planet type per star type, star type, etc... chances. Aswell as edit some numbers here and there (like planet count per system), and so on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 6:33:12 PM
Scanno wrote:

What we hope can be done:

- Names of the stars and eventually like in one of my reply, xml with names of starships

We can modify the name of stars already, including create new ones without overriding the original 250. Constellation names can be modified in the same way as well.

- Add anomalies (without overwriting the existing ones)

Not at this point, we can modify what planets have which anomaly and the base chance for an anomaly to spawn. Along with this the resources which can spawn on which planet, the temple chance per moon, planet type per star, moon chance per planet type, resource deposit size, resource deposit size chance, the number of stars per galaxy size, parsec size of the galaxy, the density multiplier, star type for galaxy age, number of wormhole connections and planet strings per setting, planet size factors for the setting,

I'll probably add a thread soon if anyone is interested in how to do these things, just let me know.

I can say that while the files are there for Tech Tree, System Improvement, Hero and Hero Abilities they don't seem to be used by the game at the moment to mod, and the values / options in each really do not make much sense in relation to the item without a bit more exploration and testing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:22:10 AM
Thank you for your info, any little info about what files does what, is very appreciated...

This is only a brief note to remember what we can and what we can't do with modding smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:31:46 AM
You find GalaxySettings.xml in your game folder, and open it up. Everything is in there. If you check other directories, you can find other .xml files, even a English localization file.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment