Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Music Music Music!!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 2:24:10 AM
Hi guys, I love your in-game music but for some reason in most of the games I play I'm compelled to add my own files to play in-game during certain events. Battles, ambiance, menus, etc. I've done this for any game that lets me and was wondering if we could have an easy way to do this with Endless Space.

I dont mean replace the existing music but maybe add some extra space themed tunes to play, especially during the galaxy map and battles. Maybe it could randomly select one? I know this is simple to do in games like Oblivion and more difficult with say..Fallout 3 and WoW but you can still do it.

I can't really find where the music even is in my Steam folder subsection for Endless Space...

Can we do this already somehow?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 9:42:54 AM
Not yet due to the way Unity packages assets like that.

Adding new graphical / sound assets is more complex (although not impossible). We are discussing with Unity people (the technology we are using) what is the best way to incorporate new content that is not in the original project. Right now, Unity builds everything in a large asset bundle, so we must find the best way to add/take into account new files or bundles. More info on that soon.

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 6:41:21 PM
How come an recent engine like Unity encapsulate all assets. Why don't they let you choose ?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment