Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Single Player "Campaign" Modes

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 12:57:32 AM
I would love to work on a mod to create single player "campaign" modes for each of the initial races. By this I mean that there would be a static galaxy specific to each campaign mode, and that galaxy would involve an in-depth, evolving storyline that would expand as you traversed the galaxy and completed certain tasks or objectives.

Of course, I would be unable to undergo such a task alone. Anyone interested in joining me on this quest once the devs unlock our modding capabilities, please feel free to respond to this thread.

Alternatively, if you don't think it's such a good idea, let me know why and perhaps together we can tweak it into something truly meaningful and enjoyable to play.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 1:38:52 AM
Sounds like a great idea imo. One thing I was wondering about when I read this was if there'd be a way to mod in the notifications and have a type of progress bar, so you can tell a person in the campaign do this next etc. I'd be interested in helping out if possible. I do computer programming as my job, c# and some web-based languages (php, sql, that sort of thing). Also pretty good at finding bugs usually. Not sure how good I'd be in that regard of course, but I'd like to help with this. Sounds interesting!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:20:37 AM
To sum up 25 seconds of reading he wants racial story lines. Okie dokie that would be cool.

Lets expand on this! Why not make it RPG? Fable in space or ME3. Our decisions make a difference.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 3:45:31 AM
Thanks for the votes of confidence, guys!

The idea of a progress bar is a good one, if we can somehow mod the interface itself. It would probably be easier to simply have messages popup with instructions, but if your idea is in any way feasible I would love to see it implemented d10sfan.

And RPG-style elements could be interesting, but we'd have to somehow reconcile the fact that we're dealing with entire fleets in the base game and upgrading entire societies by default. I honestly have no idea how to do that, Garloz911. But if you do, I'd certainly be open to suggestions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:55:53 AM
What we need is the ability for triggers. The engine can handle that because there's already a tutorial, but I hope they will expose the code to some API.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 4:46:41 AM
I would gladly jump aboard. I personally love singleplayer campaigns and it really gives you a connection to the empires. I'm not a good programmer by any means but I would like the chance to write the scripts. Like make some flavor text. Get the story down and such. Plus I can record unique sounds/voices if it need be.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 6:47:21 AM
justathoughtor2 wrote:
I would love to work on a mod to create single player "campaign" modes for each of the initial races. By this I mean that there would be a static galaxy specific to each campaign mode, and that galaxy would involve an in-depth, evolving storyline that would expand as you traversed the galaxy and completed certain tasks or objectives.

Of course, I would be unable to undergo such a task alone. Anyone interested in joining me on this quest once the devs unlock our modding capabilities, please feel free to respond to this thread.

Alternatively, if you don't think it's such a good idea, let me know why and perhaps together we can tweak it into something truly meaningful and enjoyable to play.

That would be cool to be able to lock tech, as you could explain special faction traits through triggers and scenario (like what is a depleted planet for the cravers, how to clone for the Horatio)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 9:33:01 PM
Sounds fun, it would be great if the storylines of each race were becoming more in-depth in the future, it's easier to get experience modding this game in Alpha state until more information comes out, otherwise the campaign storylines could turn out wrong or entirely fantasy in some parts.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 9:50:39 PM
VieuxChat wrote:
That would be cool to be able to lock tech, as you could explain special faction traits through triggers and scenario (like what is a depleted planet for the cravers, how to clone for the Horatio)

You could also put incidents in that correspond with the normal game. Like trying to stop the religious zealots that try to detonate explosives on all your ships. But that's a bit more in depth and something that would probably take another game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment