Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

IDEA: Endless Planet

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 10:37:42 PM
Oh I thought you meant an endless planet type (instead of lava, barren etc.). Like created by the endless or something. That would be cool.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 10:01:12 PM
I think with a blue background and making the stars island with regions on it would be easyer.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:56:11 AM
It's a fair idea, but it would demand huge resources and time-investment. It's not likely to happen and it's not a distinguishing feature.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 25, 2012, 2:20:10 AM
What if you had Endless Space, but the planets had continents, you would click a button and enter the planets atmosphere and vie citys and ground units. It would certainly give you more control over invasions, but it would be a lot of work.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 1:52:48 PM
me 2. They may use the idea on their next 4X, but I think it best to stick with what they have atm. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 1:18:16 PM
BlazerMortis wrote:
If continents is what you want, go play Civilization 5. :P

totally agree with this one!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 11:04:26 AM
good concept, however it would kind of defeat the purpose of it being a "space" game, but it wouldnt be a bad mod, altho the planet would have to be MASSIVE for it to work :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 12, 2012, 9:38:27 PM
monkeyman_91 wrote:
endless planet within endless universe? O.o

= Endless Game.

Which is pretty awesome, but like others already mentioned, it'd be alot of work to pull off, more-so than any regular modification, a total overhaul really.

And that will burn out most people rather quickly, not alot of modifications that do that ever get out of an unfinished beta state.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 11:30:41 PM
Username wrote:
Oh I thought you meant an endless planet type (instead of lava, barren etc.). Like created by the endless or something. That would be cool.

Possibly 100% pure silicon, just a massive planet-sized computing substrate which once housed some of the 'virtual' faction, would be pretty thematically cool. Hard to see how it would balance though, sounds like something you'd get in a scenario or campaign, if the game had such a thing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 7, 2012, 11:45:48 PM
My idea was a mod that removes space and replace it with a planet. Instead of the universe you would have one large planet. Instead of planets you would have continents. I know its way different then the actual game but everything thats in now could be ported to it with different models. I personally think this would be amazing!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 9:06:19 AM
Not much point posting ideas for mods, if you want it, go forth and mod! smiley: smile

(But as others said, there are plenty of good earthbound TBS 4x games out there already).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:31:31 PM
Edit : oops, totally misunderstood, removed post content sorry for the flood.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:27:14 PM
This idea would need a total re-haul of the game. Not in my liking, though. This game is a space TBS, not a ground TBS. If you want a ground TBS, go play civ 5 smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:54:17 AM
It's not a bad idea, but it seems it would be too much work for something civ has already done.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 6:15:33 AM
BlazerMortis wrote:
If continents is what you want, go play Civilization 5. :P

Pretty much, this.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment