Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

replace game music ?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 10:13:50 PM
i'd rather have none of the music from the game in general i dislike 4x game music but endless space tends to not allow grooveshark or winamp to play when it is running
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 2:50:43 AM
figured out how to extract the files, but there appears to be huge conversion issues. Any software I tried to play it with said that the audio format did not match the extension, and the Mus_intro_duduk.mp3 file (main menu music) appears to be 3 seconds long.

Also, I think we'll need the .fdp file before we are able to change anything smiley: frown

So Devs, could we get the .fdp in the next update?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 1:27:24 AM
mokaiba wrote:
I can get the music from the fsb files but havent figured out how to edit them yet...starting to think they are locked.

Here are some music files from it (let me know if you want them all): http://www.filedropper.com/music01

Do tell me how you extracted them... I think I may know how to put together a new music archive, which would enable music replacement. I'm going to give it a try and attempt to replace stuff with random music from my computer, I'll let you know if successful.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 3, 2012, 3:22:01 AM
winamp works fine for me, I have winamp playing either radio or custom music with every game I play.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 2, 2012, 2:06:34 AM
RavingRabbids wrote:
hmm well maybe in the main menu under music you could select the files you want to play and the game just shortcuts to them and plays them so there is no longer a need to have duplicate files everywhere, now i've never really used groove shark or an online radio but would it be possible to allow the game to open the player and use it or tell it that you are listing to personal music so it could adjust the volume settings automatically for easy listening without losing game sounds at the same time?

you can already do the lowering the volume. i actually have the sound on mute and winamp has access to shoutcast channels and such. anyway the issue is the game grabs the drivers or something and wont let grooveshark or winamp use them. so they can start but wont produce any sound.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 3:15:25 PM
hmm well maybe in the main menu under music you could select the files you want to play and the game just shortcuts to them and plays them so there is no longer a need to have duplicate files everywhere, now i've never really used groove shark or an online radio but would it be possible to allow the game to open the player and use it or tell it that you are listing to personal music so it could adjust the volume settings automatically for easy listening without losing game sounds at the same time?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 1:20:59 PM
RavingRabbids wrote:
an idea could be to do what rockstar did for gta where it has a folder in your games folder where you put the music that you want to listen to during the game and when you open the game it loads the music up and you just have to change to a radio station to hear it, i think the game could do the same thing but just have a button in the options menu or a hotkey that starts playing your music only.

so your solution would be to have players duplicate music files and quite a few files at that? what if the player wants to listen to an online radio thing or use an application like groove shark desktop for their music?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 1, 2012, 4:16:59 AM
an idea could be to do what rockstar did for gta where it has a folder in your games folder where you put the music that you want to listen to during the game and when you open the game it loads the music up and you just have to change to a radio station to hear it, i think the game could do the same thing but just have a button in the options menu or a hotkey that starts playing your music only.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 24, 2012, 6:00:39 AM
DannyD wrote:
I've checked some folder but atm I think we cannot change the musics. I hope/think in the final release will be possible.

I can get the music from the fsb files but havent figured out how to edit them yet...starting to think they are locked.

Here are some music files from it (let me know if you want them all): http://www.filedropper.com/music01
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 6:46:13 AM
Its just the battle music I want to disable or replace, I like the rest of the main galaxy music thats fine to listen to smiley: smile Hopefully the option to make it mod friendly with the beta or final release would be a smart choice yep
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 1:28:23 AM
I'd be happier to be able to add to game music rather than replace it... I have the music from Pax Imperia Eminant Domain, MoO2 and MoO3 at my disposal in terms of space 4x games... it would be so awesome to combine all the soundtracks together.

But it doesn't appear Endless Space currently has the coding for this sort of thing without actually modding files... unlike games like Oblivion and Fallout 3, which were awesome for just dropping mp3s into folders to get music into the game (There was something fitting about listening to coldplay when walking through the heartlands of cyrodiil).
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 4:59:28 PM
I've just been doing the old fashioned "mute music, play itunes", but I'd also like to know if/when/how this is/will be possible.

Though, this is not to say that the in-game music is bad, it's actually quite nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 21, 2012, 3:30:28 PM
Admiral_Tolwyn wrote:
yer, just bought the game and I wanna replace the battle music, possible?

I've checked some folder but atm I think we cannot change the musics. I hope/think in the final release will be possible.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment