Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Found an AI Parameters file for building, anyone know if this thing can be adjusted?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 10:35:41 PM
\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\AI

Looks like it's not too difficult to figure everything out, but I don't have time to really mess around with it right now. Not even sure if it has an effect. Also might want to make sure you save a copy, Steam games sometimes do filechecks for multiplayer.

Looks like:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 11:32:57 PM
Moved to modding forum, where this file has been discussed already.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 4:12:51 AM
Those numbers are weights, and priority is given to heavier ones. Not sure if this affects AI players (logic dictates it should), but it definitely affects the system management AI's that you may choose for auto-building.

There is a hidden calculation, which I might try one day to find out. What I mean by hidden calculation is, when you pick "Food" for example, the AI sometimes build industry improvements, so I believe, the food weight is multiplied by something and all the rest are added on top of it, but if something else has a higher total weight, priority is given to that. In addition to this, hidden calculation might also include production cost, because otherwise a new system will try to build a high-end improvement which may take more than 20-30 turns. Or, instead of that, it might just forbid building anything that'd take longer than 15-20 turns, and I think this is the case here. I've colonized some systems with very low initial production, where a system improvement would take 17 turns, and it just refused to do so, and simply kept ind-dust conversion. One day, I'll figure everything regarding to this XML out, mark my words :P

The "Terraform Fix" mod (outdated now & not required anymore) in my signature for example, fixed the endless terraforming bug by removing the weights from them, so AI never tries to build these.

If you want to test these stuff out, find something to your own liking, advance in the game as much as you can, research every technology that introduces a new system improvement, then scrap everything on a system or colonize one. Then see what AI is doing when you set it to food, for example.

You aren't just limited to altering the values, you can add a food weight to an industry building for example;

Industry Improvement

Industry Value=2

Food Value=0.5 (the one you add)

Something like this might give priority to that industry improvement over food improvements first, when AI is set to Food, because of that hidden multiplier which I believe exists.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment