Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Save Game Editing

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 12:53:23 PM
Any help with adding tech ?

Also will the game crash if you add more than one anomaly ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 8:25:36 PM
I love Notepad++, but I also found this Microsoft tool that lets you cleanly edit the XML and you don't have to reformat it first:

XML Notepad 2007:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7973

The easiest way to get whatever research you want by editing the save file is to first queue up all the research you want done, and then in the save file, go to the ministry of science agency in your empire, and find the queue\overproduction field. That's the amount of reserach points that will be applied to the queue next turn. Change that to a big number. Then reload the game, start your next turn, and receive all the new techs you queued up.

As far as trainers, Cheathappens.com makes a trainer, but you have to be a paid member to use it. It's really easy to edit the savegame, though, so a trainer isn't too necessary.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 8:50:23 PM
SamsonUK wrote:
One way to reformat the one line into xml is to use Notepad++ and add the XML Tools plugin.

Download Notepad++

Install and run and go through the following menus -

Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager

Scroll down to near the bottom of the Plugin Manager, find XML Tools, tick it and click Install.

Notepad++ will ask to restart, do it.

Then open the save file you want to edit and go through the following menus -

Plugins > XML Tools > Pretty Print (XML only - with line breaks).

It will reformat the one line into a more readable XML format.

You don't have to reformat back to one line, once you've made changes, save and move it back to the bin file. Just tested this and it works fine.

If you want Notepad++ to format the XML properly into nodes, add the .xml extension to the file and reopen it. Remove the extension before you move it back to the bin file.
Thanks this makes a ton easier to read.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 18, 2012, 9:47:22 PM
One way to reformat the one line into xml is to use Notepad++ and add the XML Tools plugin.

Download Notepad++

Install and run and go through the following menus -

Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager

Scroll down to near the bottom of the Plugin Manager, find XML Tools, tick it and click Install.

Notepad++ will ask to restart, do it.

Then open the save file you want to edit and go through the following menus -

Plugins > XML Tools > Pretty Print (XML only - with line breaks).

It will reformat the one line into a more readable XML format.

You don't have to reformat back to one line, once you've made changes, save and move it back to the bin file. Just tested this and it works fine.

If you want Notepad++ to format the XML properly into nodes, add the .xml extension to the file and reopen it. Remove the extension before you move it back to the bin file.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 1:08:19 PM
Aye, I'm having the same problem. Don't know why but something seems to have changed since release as when I started a new game and went to try and edit the starting system so it loosely resembled Sol all I got was the same jumbled up paragraph.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 4:53:52 PM
I managed to open the file up and it's just one jumbled run on paragraph with no order what so ever. Is this the same for you guys? I can't discern any sort of order or ownership of any of the lines.

I am trying to edit my Hero's namely, but can't figure out which one belongs to me. Any help?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 12:29:15 PM
davea wrote:
What specific folder are you looking in? The save games are in \Endless Space\Saves.

Yeah, that one. Could it possibly just be slow to sync with Steam? I fiddled around elsewhere for a bit, and when I checked again just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, autosaves were there. Still not my Sheredyn - Turn 1 save, though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 10:58:41 PM
What specific folder are you looking in? The save games are in \Endless Space\Saves.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 11, 2012, 9:31:03 PM
Sorry to necro this thread, but this seemed the best place to ask...I've been trying to mod my save game, but it isn't showing up in the save folder. In game, I have a number of saves with various factions, various turns. When I go into Documents, though, the folder is empty.

Anyone know what's going on?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:22:03 PM
What do you mean by finding your tech tree? You mean which Empire it's under?

You are Empire index Zero

pRoot/Game/Empires/Empire[@index='0']/Agencies/Agency(DepartmentOfScience)/Unlocked/Technologies Is where you would add the techonology codes you want to add. (remember to update the Count property if removing or adding a tech)

pRoot/Game/Empires/Empire[@index='0']/Simulation/Descriptors where you will add any needed descriptors that go along with certain techs. how do you know which get added? you compare files and experiment a bit, others are more logically named)

The spreadsheet already linked in the thread here helps a little but some of it you need to find via trial and error as things are added and changed names change etc.. with every couple builds. /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16200-endless-space-codes-anomaly-research-hero-etc
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:37:39 PM
KnightHawk wrote:
Department of Science my friend, as well as a few empire descriptors depending on the tech.

I don't believe I tried it yet, probably will ignore it like it does multiple moons.

yeah but how do I find my tech tree, is it the first entry? and which techs are which im pretty new to this sorry if I sound noobish :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 8:44:02 PM
Any help with adding tech ?

Department of Science my friend, as well as a few empire descriptors depending on the tech.

Also will the game crash if you add more than one anomaly?

I don't believe I tried it yet, probably will ignore it like it does multiple moons.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 6:23:33 PM
okay so this a little on the hows of save game editing

1. the savegame file is located in the my documents endlessspace\users\jedispockspaceranger+5avenger\savegame

2. play the game start a new game and play long enough to get the three heroes and about ten researches queed

3. save the game with a unique name like your name

4. get 7z

5. use 7z to open the file NOTE: right click the file go down the menu select 7z and the select in the next menu open archive

6 . 7z will open it right click the file again and choose edit

7. maybe later i show you what to edit if your not smart enought o figure it out you most likley should not be in there

8 hints. upgrade YOUR heroes bank account and research que and planets

9. things that would be nice

a. a list of planet anomalies names with a reference to there anomalies numbers planet anomalies 29 = what name
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:37:42 AM
FYI, the files use standard Bzip2 compression. Almost any archive software can open those.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 2:35:34 PM
ADGeneral wrote:
if you could nad21 can you post a text version of that for download i think alot of the incoming mod community might find valuable

Either that or put the spreadsheet up to a google doc somewhere?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment