Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Production speed for ships?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 4:59:46 PM
Dude don't apologize! Haha, thanks so much for posting it for me. Saves me lots of time. Appreciate it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 9:38:17 PM
CmdrNoval wrote:
smiley: approval Modders...

Perhaps we should all publish our completed mods and take a vote toward some "Official" mods...

Even better still, the devs might just take notice, and include our mods in the game....

Yeah I think once we get the loose file support we can all really start pooling efforts.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 7:37:09 PM
smiley: approval Modders...

Perhaps we should all publish our completed mods and take a vote toward some "Official" mods...

Even better still, the devs might just take notice, and include our mods in the game....
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 7:16:01 PM
Oh right on! Yeah i don't have the code in front of me but last night I for some reason though it was just hidden files like the battle cards that reference some hidden files and code that can't be immediately edited. But hell man that is good news I'll look at it again tonight.

I haven't poked around with the AI much, but i'm looking forward to it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 7:04:53 PM
Hard coded, huh.

In my little mod i changed the UE AI's ship templates to focus defenses over weapons, and it seems to have made an effect. But I could be crazy!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 7:02:50 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well you can already edit how the AI builds its ships with ratios of weapons to defenses, I suppose with a little work you could introduce repair mods to their ships and once we are no longer constrained by the number limit you could even tell AI to build specific repair ships if my theory is right.

You know I did see a reference to build templates in there. I'm at work now so I can't remember but I do think I saw those templates were hard coded. Maybe when the source is more open we can play around with those. That does play into my idea of ships role. With small & med class 1 ships being more for support while class 2 ships were for combat.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:56:05 PM
Well you can already edit how the AI builds its ships with ratios of weapons to defenses, I suppose with a little work you could introduce repair mods to their ships and once we are no longer constrained by the number limit you could even tell AI to build specific repair ships if my theory is right.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:52:22 PM
Yeah let me see what effect quadrupling the hps & production times have on the AI. If I can see massive ships dueling it out with the victor damaged and limping off for automated repairs I might be pleased enough to release it.

But for right now along with the increased hps, I still need to tweak detection range, slowing the ship speed down and need to find the AI and "encourage" it to include repair modules for longevity.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:15:09 PM
If i can post a mod (I changed like 4 things) then you can! smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:13:47 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well you don't tell them they are going to die, that's crazy talk! 3smiley: smile

And your changes sound interesting, are you going to release them as a mod? smiley: smile

I hadn't actually thought about publishing them as a mod. Let me test it out first and then I'll see if there is enough interest.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:30:50 PM
Additionally if you use notepad ++ you can do most of the work within 20 minutes or so. Since I'm not making character length changes (for this part) I don't have to worry about character count being off. And a quick find/replace can take care of the changes in the blink of an eye.

Also if you're using notepad ++ it's got a nice compare feature so you can see the changes between your last save and current (if you're character editing.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:26:47 PM
Well you don't tell them they are going to die, that's crazy talk! 3smiley: smile

And your changes sound interesting, are you going to release them as a mod? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:20:20 PM
Didn't mean to vanish on you bro last night, but between the olympics and my laundry I wasn't watching the forum. sorry everyone for the spam, but yes I've modified most of the ships, and focused on distinctions between tier1 & tier2 really.

Destroyers are thicker hulled and have a 20% increase in capacity. I bumped all ship features from their 20-25% to 35%. So destroyers also get a 35% discount on weapon space vs. the stock 25%. I also increased the research time for the technology by 50%.

Making it a true warship.

The base ship small1 I left as is, however, increased it's features from the 20% to 35% discount on repair and engine space. Giving them a feel for a multipurpose or civilian/commercial converted for combat ship.

I did similar with medium1 vs. medium2. medium1 I doubled hps and build times. Med2 got a 25% bump over med1 (or something close to that)

It seems balanced. I don't see much spam I have to keep a defending fleet at home in case I get caught with my pants down, I can't just spam out destroyers and have a full stack 5 rounds. The computer can always out produce you so they can't spam but can build up a powerful fleet faster than you can.

I just wanted to have a more "real" or my personal take of real combat. I mean who joins the navy if you know you're going to be sent on destroyer #72312312 that's just being sent in on a suicide mission just to "slow" down the enemy. I just wanted to make ships and Heroes matter more.

I may increase them and double it again just to test the "effect". Now reflecting, I think to counter/support my changes from being too unbalanced I may have to slow down the speed and increase the early warning sensors.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 4:21:33 AM
Hi,

I am currently in a love / hate relationship with this game as I have gotten very little sleep since purchasing it.

Now that I have a bunch of games under my belt I decided to check out the forums and see what people were saying about the game. One common complaint that I've seen is that the fleet spam is a problem. While what I am asking for here is no real solution to fixing the ai's ability to form a proper fleet, I wouldn't mind having the production speed of ships slowed down.

In one post I read, someone mentioned that they didn't like the fact that their ships felt a dime a dozen and this really resonated with me. The fact that once I get things up and running I can pump out any ship in a few turns or less detracts from my attachment and their value. While it might not be as exciting (read tedious for me) to have a million ships zipping around, I would really like to see my stronger ships take a long time to produce, so that when I finally get it out into space I actually worry about losing the thing. I would prefer smaller, more valuable fleets than massive ones.

In other games I have done some modding but always on the artistic end, and know very little of coding. I'm not sure what sort of things we can do just yet with this game, but I'm hoping changing the production costs on ships would be a simple enough matter (In my fantasy I see some sort of list and just typing in some new numbers) but alas this would not be the first time my ignorance has led to disappointment.

I would love for anyone here to help me out on this, or tell me it's a horrible idea because I haven't properly thought this through.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:40:19 AM
Smalls 2 :

Cost="50"

MaxHealth="300" MaxWeight="120"

Speed="0" FreeSpeed="0" CommandPoint="1">

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassTerranSmall2Title

%ShipClassTerranSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassTerranSmall2Title

%ShipClassTerranSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassSwarmSmall2Title

%ShipClassSwarmSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassSophonSmall2Title

%ShipClassSophonSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassHoratioSmall2Title

%ShipClassHoratioSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassHisshoSmall2Title

%ShipClassHisshoSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassSowerSmall2Title

%ShipClassSowerSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassAmoebaSmall2Title

%ShipClassAmoebaSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassResistanceSmall2Title

%ShipClassResistanceSmall2Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

B

ShipClassSmall2

%ShipClassPiratesSmall2Title

%ShipClassPiratesSmall2Description

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 6:39:45 AM
oh i did them all bro.. sorry

smalls: small 1

Cost="25"

MaxHealth="400" MaxWeight="100"

Speed="1" FreeSpeed="0" CommandPoint="1">

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassTerranSmall1Title

%ShipClassTerranSmall1Description

Cost="25"

MaxHealth="200" MaxWeight="100"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassSwarmSmall1Title

%ShipClassSwarmSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassSophonSmall1Title

%ShipClassSophonSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassHoratioSmall1Title

%ShipClassHoratioSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassHisshoSmall1Title

%ShipClassHisshoSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassSowerSmall1Title

%ShipClassSowerSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassAmoebaSmall1Title

%ShipClassAmoebaSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassResistanceSmall1Title

%ShipClassResistanceSmall1Description

Cost="25"

ShipSizeSmall

A

ShipClassSmall1

%ShipClassPiratesSmall1Title

%ShipClassPiratesSmall1Description

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:34:32 AM
Outlaw, did you already mod all the ships in your file? Or did you just try a few?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:21:32 AM
Unbalanced modding is really fun to watch once the AI gives your changes a go!

smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:19:24 AM
You are kings among men. Hopefully I don't unbalance everything with my tinkering.

Seriously though, thanks so much. Sorry if they were basic questions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 5:15:23 AM
Yeah, and seeing as Terran (UE) ships are first in the list for the empires, you can probably follow the section down to all of the ships in the game.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment