Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Adding Multiple Defenses to a Module

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 1:51:39 PM
ThorTillas wrote:
Interception :

a projectile is intercepted when the module InterceptionAccuracy is greater than a random number between 0 and the module InterceptionEvasion multiply by the (module TurnToReach + 1)

Do I understand it correctly ?

If you have a highTurnToReach value then you have a better chance to not being intercepted ? O_o It would mean that a slow missile has better chance to evade the flak.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 11:11:44 AM
Hupailija wrote:
With TurntoReach1 if you have InterceptionAccuracy 100 and InterceptionEvasion 100 you have:

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 2 chance to interrupt missile

You need 49 or lower to interrupt missile, you have exactly 1 roll.

With TurntoReach3 with same values you have:

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

You need 24 or lower to interrupt missile, you have 3 rolls

In first case you have exactly 50% chance to interrupt missile.

With second case you have 1-(3x(3/4)) ~ 58% chance to interrupt missile.

Correct me if I'm wrong smiley: wink

So guys, help me out.

In case of 1st level missiles going against first level flak (newest patch), how will interception work?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 4:30:08 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Ok sorry, no need to be condescending.

There is always atleast one "good" reason to be condescending!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 4:06:15 PM
Draco18s wrote:
I love it when people don't actually READ the thread they're replying to.

Ok sorry, no need to be condescending.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 3:40:42 PM
[code]

[/code]

adding this is closest what you can get if you really want to add stuff to shields. (notice OperationType can be anything but percent is recommended)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 2:41:23 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Sooooo.....if i were to add all three weapon tags to the shields, will they block them all?

I love it when people don't actually READ the thread they're replying to.

ThorTillas wrote:
far far ago, I ask my designers about "Could we build a defense module against 2 weapon types?". The answer is "No, keep it simple as possible".

So no, you will not be able to add a module which will absord/deflect or intercept some laser AND kinetic.

But, you will be able to absorb AND deflect AND intercept any kind of weapon type.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 3:43:37 AM
Sooooo.....if i were to add all three weapon tags to the shields, will they block them all?....and could the same work for deflectors?

Further note, could i change deflectors to a % chance to deflect then a specific number?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 11:46:27 PM
I should have said "expected number of missiles blocked"--with more missiles/flaks the numbers are more even. Also the +1 is a bit strange.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 14, 2012, 5:30:46 PM
Hupailija wrote:
With TurntoReach1 if you have InterceptionAccuracy 100 and InterceptionEvasion 100 you have:

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

Nope, that should be roughly correct.

Slower missiles evade better on a per-roll basis, but due to the larger number of rolls made, it has a lower impact chance.

Edit:

That should be (3/4)^3 not (3/4)*3. But your result is correct. ~58%
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 5:38:49 PM
Evil4Zerggin wrote:
Do I understand it correctly ?

If you have a highTurnToReach value then you have a better chance to not being intercepted ? O_o It would mean that a slow missile has better chance to evade the flak.

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

100 vs rnd(0,100) x 4

0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 10, 2012, 4:56:36 PM
I think the idea is to make the interception chance relatively independent of the speed of the missile-- slower missiles evade better but the flaks get more turns to try to shoot them down.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 31, 2012, 9:51:20 PM
So i was looking through the armor, shielding modules for defense and forgive me as I'm at work and don't have the code to look at, however, I wanted to pack two defenses on a single module.

So say Kinetic Armor gets a slight bump in absorption. I tried giving it a straight bump which showed up in game, however, i really didn't get the impression it did anything.

I then noticed at each armor module had a separate designation(?) after the absorption/deflection properties something like Kinetic...

Does this tell the module that when it encounters a specific module type to block the damage specified in the properties and ignore anything else. If so then if I pack two types in there such as:

Kinetic

Laser

If I then add defense for absorption and deflection will this module block both?

Again I apologize as I'm not looking at the code and trying to remember it from 2am last night, when the inspiration hit me...

Best,

0uttie
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 7:52:35 AM
Yeah but you know it is still good to keep a part of mystery in a relationship ^^

I think the marke... sorry, the communication team will certainly do it when we will able to have some "release date" around... For now, I don't even know when the next release will be so...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 3, 2012, 2:18:55 AM
ThorTillas wrote:
Interception :

a projectile is intercepted when the module InterceptionAccuracy is greater than a random number between 0 and the module InterceptionEvasion multiply by the (module TurnToReach + 1)

MATH! GLORIOUS MATH!

This needs to be explained in the game somewhere, as up until now, how flak and missiles interacted was a complete mystery.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 8:06:09 PM
ThorTillas wrote:
Well, I'm glad to save some of your time ^^

FYI, the retrofit will be available in the next release (teasing !!!!!) so don't hesitate to count on it ^^

Oh yes and I'm holding my breath as we speak...! smiley: smile

Actually is there an eta on the next release or a scope of work to get us all pre-heated before it's pushed?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 2, 2012, 8:15:33 AM
Well, I'm glad to save some of your time ^^

FYI, the retrofit will be available in the next release (teasing !!!!!) so don't hesitate to count on it ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 4:53:55 PM
ThorTillas wrote:
far far ago, I ask my designers about "Could we build a defense module against 2 weapon types?". The answer is "No, keep it simple as possible".

So no, you will not be able to add a module which will absord/deflect or intercept some laser AND kinetic.

But, you will be able to absorb AND deflect AND intercept any kind of weapon type.

(automatically.)

Florian,

Thank you my friend. I'm disheartened but appreciate the quick follow up so I won't spend hours trying to make something impossible it work.. We're essentially running with the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" theme for weapons and modules. No Rock & Paper combo modules..

On my own game I've made ships more costly and harder to kill, yet slower to build. But I know the AI doesn't retrofit and with ships now slower to build I wanted to "protect" the AI so that when I show up with Lasers the AI will at least have a modicum of protection and won't get obliterated in one pass before they can react to the new weapon system and crank out ships to defend my weapon of choice.

It also sort of kept the flavor or theme of thicker hulls and shaped armors / deflection being able to shunt some of the lasers power.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 8:46:39 AM

Here are the "rules" for the several defense type for each battle round (4 round per phase for now).

Interception :

Absorbtion :

absorb the module Absorbtion damage.

Deflection :

deflect the module DeflectionPerTurn projectile. (automatically.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 1, 2012, 2:39:05 AM
hrmm i'm worried that i might be only able to add one type of protection at a time. Tried the following below. No luck... Tried also with Kinetic and it seemed to work fine, however, i noticed that the absorption might have been removed.

Laser

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment