Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Request: Increased Fleet Capacity

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 9:09:07 PM
umm can't find game assets 17 anywhere my assets at steampapps/common/endless space/assets is empty and the only one i can find is shared assets and its just barbles of numbers and signs any help?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 7:09:19 PM
The game will *eventually* be moddable. We are ahead of the dev team on this. For now, you have to count spaces carefully. Lots of games get binary-hacked this way, and they all crash if you do it wrong.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 7:13:25 PM
Baleur wrote:
So, this game was supposed to be moddable. Yet the game crashes if the file isn't exactly the same byte for byte, line for line?

Makes sense, lol. Sigh.

It's perfect! I like it how it's now, makes life way more interesting smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 9:58:17 PM
I cant seem to get any change to work. All I've done is open the file in notepad, change the '5' to a '9' under the MaxCommandPoint (the starting value) and then save. The file save is exactly the same, but the game hangs on the Endless Space splash screen.

If I revert to the copy of the file I made (again, exact same file size), it works again so I know that the change from 5 to 9 is what is causing the problem.

Any ideas? Does anyone actually have this working?

Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 10:48:53 PM
It is a binary file. Maybe "notepad" doesn't deal properly with binary files. I have done this successfully with the text editor I use ("gvim") and others have reported sucess using "notepad++".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 1:05:42 AM
@uncle_joe and davea

Notepad will 'bug' the file simply saving without making any changes will stop game from loading.

However can confirm Notepad++ works.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 2:04:40 AM
Awesome, thanks! That seems to have done the trick.

One thing I would note, especially if you are putting the value to really high numbers (like 50 lol): All of the stacking bonuses can REALLY get out of hand with fleets that size. The +Fleet Speed and +Crit chance mods are going to be pretty insane when you have close to 50 ships with the bonus lol.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 4:53:47 AM
davea wrote:
It is a binary file. Maybe "notepad" doesn't deal properly with binary files. I have done this successfully with the text editor I use ("gvim") and others have reported sucess using "notepad++".

Problem with notepad (not notepad++) is that it tends to ignore some minor nuisances of writing when it saves files.. I mean it doesn't care about end of lines and stuff smiley: biggrin

I haven't tried to edit file with wordpad but in theory it should/could work unless it really wants to save file as a text document.

Notepad++ is easy choice but probably not best (I use notepad++). Still I miss dos edit, it was wonderful for everything! (if only they would have brought that to windows instead of making notepad)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 6:24:57 AM
"Still I miss dos edit, it was wonderful for everything! (if only they would have brought that to windows instead of making notepad) "

--

I miss it at times as well, though it was around up till the 64bit windows editions.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 5:35:19 PM
think that first one I used was Teco

Reason why I miss edit is not because it was so long time ago.. it's because it was so dumb that it was actually rather smart.

Basically it didn't care at all what your file was and was always happy to save your file in any format you just wanted.

Another reason might be that at best I was creating couple dozen autoexecs and configs in a day just to get games to work smiley: biggrin

Anyway lets not derive from the main topic. Someone should make simple mod out of this smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 6:09:35 PM
So, this game was supposed to be moddable. Yet the game crashes if the file isn't exactly the same byte for byte, line for line?

Makes sense, lol. Sigh.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 15, 2012, 10:00:08 PM
@bell117, welcome to the forum. Please read the current threads on modding, such as the sticky thread "tutorials for modding ES". The sharedasset file is no longer used.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 12:10:24 AM
would it not be possible to add early technologies that increased this further as an easy workaround?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 6:40:25 AM
cihlar wrote:
would it not be possible to add early technologies that increased this further as an easy workaround?

of it is possible. U can even make a mod where u start with max fleetpoints. U can even Make u have 100 Max fleetpoints.

Just tell me what u want and i make u a minimod
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 8:38:38 PM
ok tried that nothing worked modding on endless space came up with nothing but can someone just post a video or a tutorial that is step by step and simple enough for idiots like me k that would be great and make my life alot easyer
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 8:43:32 PM
mJrA wrote:
of it is possible. U can even make a mod where u start with max fleetpoints. U can even Make u have 100 Max fleetpoints.

Just tell me what u want and i make u a minimod

a mod that multiplied everything (starting, faction trait bonuses, tech increases, etc.) by 3-4 would be a good 'high' number without being ridiculous i think.

tried fooling around with it last night via methods discussed in this thread and had no luck even with using notepad++. was going to wait for someone with better programming skills to take up the project.

thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 8:45:25 PM
ok tried that nothing worked modding on endless space came up with nothing but can someone just post a video or a tutorial that is step by step and simple enough for idiots like me k that would be great and make my life alot easyer

I got no ideas why you want this mod but:

1. open my computer

2. open c:\Program Files\Steam (or where ever you steam folder is)

3. open steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation (your directory should now be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation)

4. Hope that you have installed Notepad++, if you haven't wordpad works too

5. Open EmpireDescriptor.xml

6. Find Line:

Set this value to anything you want, it's recommended to stay under 40.

This gives you at start Command Point value of X where X is value you did set instead of 5.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 16, 2012, 8:52:55 PM
Hupailija wrote:
I got no ideas why you want this mod but:

1. open my computer

2. open c:\Program Files\Steam (or where ever you steam folder is)

3. open steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation (your directory should now be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space\Public\Simulation)

4. Hope that you have installed Notepad++, if you haven't wordpad works too

5. Open EmpireDescriptor.xml

6. Find Line:

Set this value to anything you want, it's recommended to stay under 40.

This gives you at start Command Point value of X where X is value you did set instead of 5.
didn't look in that file earlier. thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 17, 2012, 5:52:14 AM
It would be fun to make your CP depend on your FIDS output or some other value that makes a little more sense.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment