Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Reaper invasion mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 10:47:52 PM
It could be the endless if you want, but I can't mod, I was just saying an idea i had.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 4:27:10 AM
An endurance game with you trying to survive as long as possible with reapers invading for one, two, or all sides of the galaxy would be great. Just for safety, your homeworld should always be at the center of the galaxy.

I do have a few ideas for how it could be done/what options there should be:

1. You can either start at the reaper invasion, or have them invade after turn X

2. Regardless of which above choice you choose, you can choose to start with all technology up to Tier Y (mrJa is already making a mod for that)

3. You can choose what percentage of the galaxy you start owning and whether there are other races/how many there are.

4. If there are other races, a mechanic should be added such that when you ally with them, you gain the ability to combine your fleets, sharing both CP and ships allowing for larger fleets capable of doing more damage to the invading forces

5. You can choose whether reapers come in an endless stream or if they will stop coming after turn Z, at which point if you can kill all existing reapers you will win (multiple races can win)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 7:47:44 PM
InsaneAlien6 wrote:
This would be a great mod and would probably become famous quickly. But what would make me really excited for it is if the Reapers were a playable race. When you would play as them you would be a force of nature (like they are) but you would have to build them up like any other race; they would have their own race specific tech after the end of any specific tech tree.

So then they would not be an invasion, but an empire like the rest?

Boring.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 18, 2012, 7:43:40 PM
This would be a great mod and would probably become famous quickly. But what would make me really excited for it is if the Reapers were a playable race. When you would play as them you would be a force of nature (like they are) but you would have to build them up like any other race; they would have their own race specific tech after the end of any specific tech tree.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 5:13:51 PM
Xboxcp wrote:
I know I just pulled that fiquire out of my head probs 100 turns? thats when the real wars begin and everybody knows each other.

Something like that, that way for an aggressive player, they can be pretty strong to put up a fight and its up to you how to prepare, you could be clever and use the invasion to eliminate your enemies or you could play diplomacy and hope you're allies are enough to win with you (if you're playing for a diplo-victory) or sheer brute force going it on your won. I WISH we had access to the tech tree so that it would be possible to research race-specific tech's, but maybe I can simulate it by making the invading faction only build ships with like, high kinetic and missile defenses but reduced beam defenses or something so that it forces the player to research specific techs to be better adept and defeating the invader (rough idea).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 3:01:24 PM
I know I just pulled that fiquire out of my head probs 100 turns? thats when the real wars begin and everybody knows each other.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 7:15:37 AM
Awesome, but i was thinking more along the lines of your already the dominate force in the galaxy
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 5:17:50 AM
Xboxcp wrote:
What about this? So basically it starts off as a usual game of endless space with planets and races. So lets say after 20-50ish turns, a race finds an endless artifact telling them about the reapers or any advanced super machine wanting to kill everybody then that race has the option to warn other races or keep it a secret (Something the Asari sort of done in ME3)

I never knew somebody had the same sort of idea as me i was inspired by the Antarans from Orion 2 and the reapers from mass effect 3, I really wanted something similar in endless space.

I still cant mod through smiley: frown

As it stands right now I'm not sure its possible to add factions, but I think it's doable replacing either the cravers faction or the pirates. I'm not sure 20-50 turns is enough though, I'd want the players to have time to discover each other on the map, possibly fight a war or two before the event fires, I am also curious to take a look (this weekend) at the files and see if you can spawn fleets or convert planets based on random events, not sure yet. The OTHER thing I really want to figure out if it is possible is to bring races back once they are dead, if the engine can support giving a dead race a planet, for instance the evil guys run across half the galaxy before you can finally put them down, but they killed off most of the races, it would be nice to give the races some colonies maybe to come back.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 10, 2012, 1:14:49 AM
What about this? So basically it starts off as a usual game of endless space with planets and races. So lets say after 20-50ish turns, a race finds an endless artifact telling them about the reapers or any advanced super machine wanting to kill everybody then that race has the option to warn other races or keep it a secret (Something the Asari sort of done in ME3)

I never knew somebody had the same sort of idea as me i was inspired by the Antarans from Orion 2 and the reapers from mass effect 3, I really wanted something similar in endless space.

I still cant mod through smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:17:59 PM
I'm planning to mod up a scenario with possibilities such as this one using the 'pirates' faction. (personally i think 'pirates' are probably better simulated via random event anyway cause each race would have their own pirates in their own systems and it would be a diverse and disparate bunch of groups anyway) The pirates faction would in late game get a big event fired to give them a lot of modifiers (I'll rename them from pirates) and then they will start spreading from unknown space (pretty much the current game mechanic) to attacking systems and so on. I want to also give the 'pirate' ships some pretty serious technology so that when they start invading its a pretty dire situation and the 'pirates' will take a bunch of systems from you.

***I've already gotten the pirates to the point where they Will start taking planets from the AI and doing their thing, even totally wiped out the Hissho in my game, however still trying to figure out how to restrict their activity to the periphery of the galaxy first.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 8:46:11 PM
Wouldn't it be cool to start with an empire that has dominated the galaxy and have everything then get invaded by the crushing forces of the reapers?

it starts with you getting a transmission from another galaxy warning of the reapers destruction of them and that they detected advanced life in your galaxy and are coming for you. and it gives you X amount of turns to prepare, even if your really strong they will run through everything. I think it would be fun and try and defend against a reaper invasion, dont you guys?

and the reapers have custom models and stuff
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 3:36:53 PM
Im liking the idea of the abremms here haha because it would make sense. but make it the endless coming to reclaim their lost artifacts that you've discovered around the galaxies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:26:51 AM
If i read right from the lore about dust, there is the possibility virtual endless could possess your heroes and cripple your economy, using your own dust to build themselves a nice fleet to boot (using technology stored inside the dust) and could then conquer the galaxy from the inside out.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:32:57 AM
I like the idea, though i'm hesitant to simply transplant the reapers into the endless space universe, i'd rather have a more lore friendly threat. really that's just the name though. functionaly, i like it a lot. Make it like the grand menaces from Sword of the Stars where you never knew if they were going to show up in a given game. so one game you might go the duration without it and just have a normal game, the next maybe they show up right as you are about to plant the flag on your last enemy's final world. game after that, maybe they show up midgame and all the empires unite and manage to defeat them.

and then there is the game where they show up on turn 5, and snuff out your fledgling empire in the cradle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:26:52 AM
I like the idea, but wouldn't the menace just be the Sowers? lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:24:33 AM
I would not mind seeing that either, because it would be fun to see how long your empire that you have been building up would last against something like that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:14:53 AM
The theme has been done before with great success - I don't see why not. Go nuts with the modding files smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 12:14:05 AM
it could be like a survival game and when its over you see if you lasted more turns this time than the last one; i like the idea smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment