Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Any big mods planned?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:58:31 PM
You've misstated Endless Dream's advantage! What we REALLY have are two modders, a French dude, and no social lives!

But I am French too!

*waves a flag... but finds none around, so waves a coffee cup instead*

So, we'll rule over the Endless world and throw froglegs at Babylon 5's thread!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:31:38 PM
Nah - it's from a webcomic called "Scandinavia and the World".

And yeah - I'm loving the eprit de corps in the Endless Space modding community!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 2:29:10 PM
Tha'shepherd, you nearly made me fall off my chair with your two last posts smiley: smile

About the cartoon artwork, did you make it?

To make sure that we are replying to OP:

There are 4 ongoing big mods, with small teams but... but the best spirit evaaaar !

*happily waves beer, coffee, knife and gun with other modders*
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:58:20 PM
theRob wrote:
Yeah, seems like over half of the active modders are from germany smiley: biggrin

Thankfully most insane ones are from Finland... think that that balances it well enough smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:55:07 PM
thashepherd wrote:
French solidarity! *waves coffee and cigarette*

German solidarity! *waves around a beer - but carefully, so as not to spill it*

American pride! *waves around a gun*

You forgot Finland smiley: frown
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:28:32 PM
I think Endless Dream needs a German translator smiley: stickouttongue

(I cannot translate in french AND in german as long as I do not know german)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:27:27 PM
theRob wrote:
Yeah, seems like over half of the active modders are from germany smiley: biggrin

But the actual topic:

A big problem for larger Mods is the lack of support for 3D Models and other Art-Assets. How else can a Total Conversion Mod be seriously realized?

now ? it can't smiley: biggrin but give it some time.. thats why i am allready doing assets.. because when they are finished.. its only a matter of exporting and then they are Ready to be used.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:19:27 PM
mJrA wrote:
xD Germany for the win smiley: wink

But the actual topic:

A big problem for larger Mods is the lack of support for 3D Models and other Art-Assets. How else can a Total Conversion Mod be seriously realized?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:18:55 PM
Hi guys, just letting you know that the Warhammer 40k mod (such as it is) has just had it's first custom races done up and ready for download in our thread HERE
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 1:05:22 PM
Telpar29 wrote:
But I am French too!

*waves a flag... but finds none around, so waves a coffee cup instead*

So, we'll rule over the Endless world and throw froglegs at Babylon 5's thread!

*throws Bratwurst at French dudes*
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 9:38:09 PM
Is anybody planning on doing or are working on any big mods like a BFG or Star Wars, or any overhauls and improvements to game play?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:44:08 PM
thashepherd wrote:
You've misstated Endless Dream's advantage! What we REALLY have are two modders, a French dude, and no social lives!

lol smiley: biggrin hehehehe
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:42:55 PM
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:42:25 PM
Telpar29 wrote:

- Babylon 5 has a team of modders + a graphic artist for modeling. (congrats Pleasure, I will be interested in seeing the scout you made!)

Thanks smiley: biggrin im nearly done mapping.. puuhh

you can see what i mapped so far here : (The Square Mapping A1 etc.)

ps. for such high Detail i have managed quite a low poly count. 6k to be exact. (The Small ships in ES have about 10k.) So i have a little bit left to maybe add some more details.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:19:42 PM
Babylon 5, which actually can finish one day unlike ED. [...] it has wonderful graphicians working on that project (what ED lacks).

Hey! I am still wondering if by "ED" you were meaning Endless Dynasty, or Endless Dream.

At first reading I thought Endless Dynasty and was beginning to react.... smiley: wink

I just noticed this way that we share the same acronyms.

"ED" is a cool acronym. How will we manage this issue? smiley: biggrin

(was about to say "was first", but shall we say ED, EDY, EDYN or EDR, EDM ? I wonder how we will handle this fun issue smiley: smile )

The main difference between Endless Dream, Babylon 5 and Endless Dynasty isn't really in scope, because I think the three are big mods.

I also think the three rework everything anew (heroes, combat, techs, factions... everything out).

There will be more views and replies in Endless Dream and Babylon 5 because they are in teams and have more exchange there, and I am sure that this will in every possible way contribute positively to their success and quality.

I also think that Endless Dream has made much progress already, and Babylon 5 more or so as much (but in an unreleased form), meaning in terms of progression Endless Dynasty is behind.

So:

- Endless Dream has a team of modders.

- Babylon 5 has a team of modders + a graphic artist for modeling. (congrats Pleasure, I will be interested in seeing the scout you made!)

- Endless Dynasty has one modder, + possibly a graphic artist later on.

- Warhammer 40K may begin soon and shall receive its modders.

I don't work in a team because I really need to feel comfortable around people first.

I also would like to define first the background cohesion in the mod.

But I lack the time to. I have many coding commitments at the moment requesting organization and focus already and cannot spread it yet.

That's the reason why Endless Dynasty is behind in progression; but we are only two weeks (even less) since the full XML tools have been released smiley: wink

I think all first three mods will have a playable aspect in about one month from now.

Sooner for Endless Dream.

It is pretty understandable that B5 has to wait for modeling options, and I hope these will be released soon, for this will greatly enhance all mod qualities.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 8:44:32 AM
mJrA wrote:
I think after we are finished maybe we can build a star trek mod. Lets see if pleasure wants to model them too smiley: wink

That's not funny ! smiley: biggrin

Its Hard enough to do this all alone.

Too few Modelers here...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 6:44:51 AM
I think after we are finished maybe we can build a star trek mod. Lets see if pleasure wants to model them too smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:22:23 AM
skynet464 wrote:
Is anybody planning on doing or are working on any big mods like a BFG or Star Wars, or any overhauls and improvements to game play?

Of course there isn't any big mods in work progress... B5 and Endless Dream has been without any reasons top 5 threads here smiley: smile

But yeah, right now there is 3 massive mods coming:

Endless Dream, which honestly is most massive of all these 3. If it ever is finished it writes almost all partitions of game again.

Babylon 5, which actually can finish one day unlike ED. It's most likely second biggest mod and it has wonderful graphicians working on that project (what ED lacks).

Endless Dynasty, I really don't know a lot of this project. Apperantly it's been worked by 2 persons who know a lot and have interesting ideas.

Following mods are in idea phase never really got father (one mostly for reason I was shouted away and other because no one has time to work with it):

Mass Effect, never got futher than to idea phase.

Warhammer 40, loads of interesting ideas and if it ever gets further it brings stuff to board what rest of us are anxious to see. It just lacks development team.

Then there are minor mods which turns game way better, I suggest to watching following members threads:

Ail, now he is just genious, I mean if someone knows something about how AI works in this game it's him.

Davea, his mods turns game better and more intelligent.

Again if I forget someone important I apologize greatly... all these names and mods did come from my memory and I lack any kind of memory relating to names.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:04:31 AM
Pleasure wrote:
ps. Scout Model for Earth is finished.. working on textures right now.

I saw, it's SERIOUSLY impressive. Seems like way more polys than the vanilla models, even!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
thashepherd wrote:
There's a Babylon 5 mod that's already started developing new models and graphics, but they don't have much in-game yet. Endless Dynasty is doing a REALLY interesting combat overhaul and custom races, but is still in its nascent stages. (Shameless promotion) Endless Dream actually has a good amount of content and can be downloaded, but is not nearly playable yet.

There are around a dozen smaller tweak-style mods, many of which are for 1.0.9 or 1.0.5. Haven't heard any SW/ST mod rumors just yet.

we actually have a few things ingame allready smiley: biggrin but we won't publish the mod like it is... because the Feeling of Babylon 5 would not be like in the Full Conversion.

ps. Scout Model for Earth is finished.. working on textures right now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 10:50:34 PM
I am planning on a mod that will put more custom race options into the game, so that there is more variety in what you can turn you race into. And now that I have the time to do so I will probably start working on it today, I do not know if it will turn out to be a large mod as in the ones you are talking about, but it should be fairly nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 9:48:18 PM
There's a Babylon 5 mod that's already started developing new models and graphics. Endless Dynasty is doing a REALLY interesting combat overhaul and custom races, but is still in its nascent stages. (Shameless promotion) Endless Dream actually has a good amount of content and can be downloaded, but is not nearly playable yet.

There are around a dozen smaller tweak-style mods, many of which are for 1.0.9 or 1.0.5. Haven't heard any SW/ST mod rumors just yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 9:45:45 PM
The B5 Project and Endless Dream are the two biggest projects currently happening, but if you're planning on helping with one I suggest B5: they're low on people and the Endless Dream coder seems to be comfortable doing all the coding himself.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment