Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Any big mods planned?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 4:22:23 AM
skynet464 wrote:
Is anybody planning on doing or are working on any big mods like a BFG or Star Wars, or any overhauls and improvements to game play?

Of course there isn't any big mods in work progress... B5 and Endless Dream has been without any reasons top 5 threads here smiley: smile

But yeah, right now there is 3 massive mods coming:

Endless Dream, which honestly is most massive of all these 3. If it ever is finished it writes almost all partitions of game again.

Babylon 5, which actually can finish one day unlike ED. It's most likely second biggest mod and it has wonderful graphicians working on that project (what ED lacks).

Endless Dynasty, I really don't know a lot of this project. Apperantly it's been worked by 2 persons who know a lot and have interesting ideas.

Following mods are in idea phase never really got father (one mostly for reason I was shouted away and other because no one has time to work with it):

Mass Effect, never got futher than to idea phase.

Warhammer 40, loads of interesting ideas and if it ever gets further it brings stuff to board what rest of us are anxious to see. It just lacks development team.

Then there are minor mods which turns game way better, I suggest to watching following members threads:

Ail, now he is just genious, I mean if someone knows something about how AI works in this game it's him.

Davea, his mods turns game better and more intelligent.

Again if I forget someone important I apologize greatly... all these names and mods did come from my memory and I lack any kind of memory relating to names.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 12:04:31 AM
Pleasure wrote:
ps. Scout Model for Earth is finished.. working on textures right now.

I saw, it's SERIOUSLY impressive. Seems like way more polys than the vanilla models, even!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
thashepherd wrote:
There's a Babylon 5 mod that's already started developing new models and graphics, but they don't have much in-game yet. Endless Dynasty is doing a REALLY interesting combat overhaul and custom races, but is still in its nascent stages. (Shameless promotion) Endless Dream actually has a good amount of content and can be downloaded, but is not nearly playable yet.

There are around a dozen smaller tweak-style mods, many of which are for 1.0.9 or 1.0.5. Haven't heard any SW/ST mod rumors just yet.

we actually have a few things ingame allready smiley: biggrin but we won't publish the mod like it is... because the Feeling of Babylon 5 would not be like in the Full Conversion.

ps. Scout Model for Earth is finished.. working on textures right now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 10:50:34 PM
I am planning on a mod that will put more custom race options into the game, so that there is more variety in what you can turn you race into. And now that I have the time to do so I will probably start working on it today, I do not know if it will turn out to be a large mod as in the ones you are talking about, but it should be fairly nice.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 9:48:18 PM
There's a Babylon 5 mod that's already started developing new models and graphics. Endless Dynasty is doing a REALLY interesting combat overhaul and custom races, but is still in its nascent stages. (Shameless promotion) Endless Dream actually has a good amount of content and can be downloaded, but is not nearly playable yet.

There are around a dozen smaller tweak-style mods, many of which are for 1.0.9 or 1.0.5. Haven't heard any SW/ST mod rumors just yet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 19, 2012, 9:45:45 PM
The B5 Project and Endless Dream are the two biggest projects currently happening, but if you're planning on helping with one I suggest B5: they're low on people and the Endless Dream coder seems to be comfortable doing all the coding himself.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment