Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Battlefleet Gothic

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 12:30:33 PM
Bad luck Prezo, that sucks :P Can't imagine the frustration there :/ But yeah, huge thumbs up generally to the idea! Anything with rams and I'm a happy man.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 12:19:32 PM
Pleasure wrote:
Ahh ;D i was about to ask the same Question smiley: biggrin

There allready is a Warhammer 40k Mod in planning.. so i guess this is kinda the same.

More or less. I'm planning on the 40k mod to focus more on the empire wide stuff whereas BFG would probably focus more on the ship models and the battle action cards. Combined they would be the comprehensive mod set in the 40k universe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 12:14:36 PM
Harel55 wrote:
Could someone please elaborate what Battlefleet Gothic is? I have no idea what you're talking about.

plainoldandrew wrote:
Battlefleet gothic is the space fleet combat set in Games Workshop's Warhammer 40000 universe.

fficial&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=JjIzUMSsEca3iQfKpIDIAQ&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1081">

LINK

Ahh ;D i was about to ask the same Question smiley: biggrin

There allready is a Warhammer 40k Mod in planning.. so i guess this is kinda the same.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 6:17:32 AM
Could someone please elaborate what Battlefleet Gothic is? I have no idea what you're talking about.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 21, 2012, 5:54:34 AM
HI guys, just to let you know that i've already (kind of) started a warhammer 40k mod which hopefully will include all the ship types in BFG. If anyone has any modelling skills and more than a passing familiarity with the ships in question you're more than welcome to join forces with us (by us i mean me at this stage :P )
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 20, 2012, 10:27:26 PM
Prezo

I salute your efforts. I just googled the mods for BFG and pretty much came up empty handed. I am curious though have you ever played 4x boardgames? Your artwork of the ships is quite nice. I am in the midst of trying to 'mod' a boardgame to play a campaign of BFG.

In addition to this I am looking for a form to play BFG via email.

Again cheers for your efforts and strong attempts.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 7, 2012, 9:59:37 AM
battlefleet gothic mod would be nice may they all consuming tyranids consume all in their way :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 16, 2012, 1:54:41 PM
It's just a lot of work for a tiny payoff, and because of Gee dubs IP laws you can't mix and match, so it would end up just being a skin for the game that doesn't realy change much nor look particularly good on all the races.

In the end, if you want it enough you'll make it yourself, for the above reasons unless something changes with the battlescape and the mod tools are excellent I won't be doing it
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2012, 6:33:44 AM
because its not the same as having an amada of Imperial battle ships in combat with another 40k race, no matter how much you make the abilities similar
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 14, 2012, 6:43:42 AM
We tried to revive it a few times but my ace programmer (the guy with the plans) never really got back into it, and I didn't want to have to rebuild the entire thing from scratch without him. Anyway depending on what tools they give us/ how easy to edit the files are I might give it another go, however the way the weapons work here would make things like the Imperial Navy and chaos ships dificult because we'd have to choose a single model to represent all their ships even though you can have any combination of weapons on the ships, oh and torpedoes work nothing like ES missiles.

Even assuming that people were happy just having a luna class cruiser as the cruiser model and torps being handwaved away, that still leaves us with the problem of not being able to animate turrets as far as I can see, and because the side of the screen you are on varies between attack and defense we couldn't just fix em in one direction, this'd make all the battle-cruisers and battleships dorsal lances look really weird. Eldar and T'au would be annoying because unlike the IN their weapons focus forward (eldar almost exclusively and tau can just focus the firepower) which would look anywhere between stupid and odd using the current battle animations.

some of these problems could be solved by having the ships go head on, however then broadside weapons wouldn't work unless you had the last phase be broadsiding but then how would you stop the broadside weapons firing until then?

mind the ranges displayed in the game are all unbelievably short considering how actual space combat would occur (the fact you can even see the enemy ships as more than specks of light is testament to this) even in BFG where the ranges were already short didn't have quite that small engagement ranges, consdiering that in BFG it wasn't uncommon to have ships in high orbit fighting ships half way to the moon.

wow I went off topic there...

anyway, BFG would actualy be quite hard to make sense of in this games engine, either you'd have to make huge concessions for the broadside only aspect of combat, rejigger the entire combat system, or ignore combat completely but then whats the point of making the mod and not just some vaguely 40k esq races?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 4, 2012, 6:44:48 PM
A Battlefleet Gothic mod needs to be made for this game, especially considering there's never been a successful one for any other space game I know of.

It would be perfectly suited to this gameplay and combat style, absolutely perfect.

So if anyone is looking for an idea for a project, do this, I beg of you!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 10:28:29 AM
especially considering there's never been a successful one for any other space game I know of.

I take this as a personal insult =P go look up the BFG mod for Sins of a solar empire, it released. (it then subsequently died due to poor timing of an expansion pack requiring all the code to be written coinciding with half the teams exam periods)

I might have some art assets sitting around here somewhere though...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 11:18:52 PM
Well, if you think about it, most of the UE ships look like imperial ships and the UE does seem reminiscent of the Imperium, and the Cravers are like Necrons, Hissho are Tau
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 8, 2012, 5:29:16 PM
The United Empire doesn't look quite right though, only their first ship looks truly BFG, I think they are a bit disproportionate, ect
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 2:14:05 PM
If there will be a mod, my necrons will kill you so much and never die and will take the life or all life form in the galaxy mouhahaha...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 11:13:52 AM
+1 yes please would love a BFG mod for this, maybe at least making the ship dsigns so we can add them as custom races and play with 'em.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 6:32:05 PM
Who is going to make it? D:

I am too incompetent to make things.

I can brainstorm it though and write a load of gumff regarding it.

But when it gets down to the brass tax, I'm a numpty.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 6, 2012, 11:17:13 AM
Same thoughts here!

just imagine firing a full boadside of macro-cannons agains xeno scum! smiley: wink

For the Emperor!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment