Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Modding Trait Points?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 1:42:33 PM
Itchiga wrote:
For some reason Mine sharedassets17.assets are encypted in Null's , any help? [UsinNotePad++] smiley: confused

That is just the beginning of the file, search for something like 'Economy Traits' without the 's.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 5:09:35 AM
Also, you should be able to set the max trait points to more than 99 now (I'm not 100% sure thought).
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 24, 2012, 2:11:00 AM
Grubsnik wrote:
Just mess with the factiontrait.xml All the affinities and traits are listed there, so you can make traits cheaper or give affinities more points to show with.

ok either my computer is dense or I am but I can't find the factiontrait.xml file even with stupid windows search.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 11:13:41 PM
Just mess with the factiontrait.xml All the affinities and traits are listed there, so you can make traits cheaper or give affinities more points to show with.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 23, 2012, 9:53:20 PM
So how do we do this now since the patch? :S No string posted in this thread exists in that file smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 11:21:32 AM
Axxis34 -> You need to use the program called Notepad++, not Notepad that comes with windows.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 8:13:01 PM
axxis34 wrote:
I just tried modding the trait point aviable...

this is the text I used:

Well, you can just delete the file and verify the files and redownload it, i am assuming steam is the only possible platform?

Also, i learnt how to safely edit xml stuff by doing the same thing with civilization 5....though civ5 is vastly more easier to mod.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 3:42:37 PM
I just tried modding the trait point aviable...

this is the text I used:

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 9, 2012, 11:46:17 AM
If you need to space to work with delete anything inside the comment area

Anything that starts with '' are comment - just dont touch those.

Hope this helps....
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 3:42:16 PM
JamieK81 wrote:
That is just the beginning of the file, search for something like 'Economy Traits' without the 's.

Oh... Silly me , thank you very much ^.^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 1:30:22 PM
For some reason Mine sharedassets17.assets are encypted in Null's , any help? [UsinNotePad++] smiley: confused
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 7:56:27 PM
I found a way to technically reduce the cost of all 2 digit costing traits to cost nothing at all.

All you do is change the 10 or higher costing traits to -0

As far as the file and game is concerned, its still the same amount of characters in it, i tried it with the business trait, all 3 ranks now cost 0 trait points. >smiley: biggrin

The single digit can just be set to 0 or just 1. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 6:44:37 PM
SallyEliwood wrote:
No matter what I do, what program I use,(notepad, microsoft word, ultra edit) whether I use 2 digits (99) or more (usually 1000) the game still crashes or freezes on start-up. someone mind telling me what I am doing wrong? Or even giving step by step instructions? >.<

Until modding tools are released, you have to make sure that the file has the same amount of characters in it as the unmodified version of the file, this includes white spaces, such as that what seemed to be an extra space on the pirate affinity. Which according to Notepad ++ is 2231608. If it does not match that number your game will crash, I am not sure how you would check the document length on ultra edit.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 3:59:51 PM
No matter what I do, what program I use,(notepad, microsoft word, ultra edit) whether I use 2 digits (99) or more (usually 1000) the game still crashes or freezes on start-up. someone mind telling me what I am doing wrong? Or even giving step by step instructions? >.<
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 12:06:08 PM
I used Ultra Edit ....... the file opens in a 'HEX Code' format

Search for the above posted sting , I was able to add 1000 points, and played a game for 12 hrs yesterday.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 9:17:34 AM
ZZGashi wrote:
Yes, the file has to have the same amount of characters in it, which includes white spaces. In Notepad++ you can check that by going to view > summary, when the window pops up, document length is what you want, which should be the same number at the unmodified version of the file. What I did was remove what seems to be an extra space on the pirate affinity after hidden="true".

It will be nice when the modding tools are released.

nice workaround.

tbh, i think 99 points instead of 65 should be enough but if i really wanna be godlike, 999 points could work! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 8:51:33 AM
ZZGashi wrote:
Yes, the file has to have the same amount of characters in it, which includes white spaces. In Notepad++ you can check that by going to view > summary, when the window pops up, document length is what you want, which should be the same number at the unmodified version of the file. What I did was remove what seems to be an extra space on the pirate affinity after hidden="true".

Would you be able to upload your sharedassets17.assets file?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 5:11:49 AM
Darksider wrote:
And you can get the game to run afterwards? because if I edit a file, it just crashes on startup...

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 4:36:38 AM
Darksider wrote:
And you can get the game to run afterwards? because if I edit a file, it just crashes on startup...

I found that the affinity race cost must be two digits (e.g. 99).

For the trait costs, I have not been able to change them without the application freezing on start-up.

G'night!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 4:18:59 AM
ZZGashi wrote:
Notepad++ is what I used, works well for pretty much everything.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 5, 2012, 2:57:49 AM
Demidevil wrote:
Hey found the file but cant open it what program do you use?

Notepad++ is what I used, works well for pretty much everything.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 8:53:24 PM
Do a search in sharedassests17.assests for
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment