Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Reduced Faction Trait Cost

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 25, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
CHEAPER TRAITS

I am new to modding and so to start I made a very simple mod that reduces the cost of all the Faction Traits to half of their original value. While a simple change, it enables you to build a well rounded faction instead of being specific in one category or the other. However, I did not reduce the cost of the Negative Faction Traits.

To install:

1) Click here: http://www.mediafire.com/?f3ib67efeqbd4dj to download the file.

2) Unzip the files into My Documents\Endless Space\Modding.

3) Start Endless Space, go to Mods, and load the Cheaper Traits file.

4) Create the improved Faction of your choosing and begin your galactic conquest!!!

If you want to have the mod loaded when you start Endless Space than simply start Steam, go to your Library, right-click on Endless Space, go to Properties, select "set launch options...", and type "+mod cheaper-traits". From then on, Cheaper Traits should be waiting for you every time you start Endless Space. If you want to remove it simply delete "+mod cheaper-traits" form the "set launch options...".

FREE TRAITS

I made this mod basically for shits n' giggles. It removes all cost from all the faction traits (except the negative ones). While it removes basically all competition from the game, it still can be extremely satisfying to see your fleets annihilate every other faction. So users who just feel like kicking some alien ass should download this mod.

To install:

1) Click here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3myu92b6bc165kp to download the file.

2)Unzip the files into My Documents\Endless Space\Modding.

3) Start Endless Space, go to Mods, and load the Free Traits file.

4) Create the elite faction, sit back, and watch as your Empire kicks ass and takes names.

To have the mod loaded when you start the game, follow the same procedure as before except type "+mod free-traits" in the "set launch options...".

WARNING!!! THESE MODS WILL NOT WORK TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME. YOU WILL HAVE TO USE ONE OR THE OTHER AT A TIME.

I hope you all will enjoy these simple mods I've created.

Also, can someone please tell me how to edit faction anomalies? I've tried doing it myself but it doesn't seem to be working.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 12:47:10 AM
Hey I can't download the Free Traits! It requires me to log in everytime I try and I do but it again asks for me to log in. Fix soon?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 2:49:44 AM
Ok that should have fixed it. Please let me know if there are any more issues.

Thanks
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 4:09:34 AM
mcmullin156 wrote:
Ok that should have fixed it. Please let me know if there are any more issues.

Thanks

Still The same Problem
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 5:16:36 AM
Every time somebody attaches a file to a forum post, somebody has this problem. Log out of the forum and login again. If that does not help, use a different computer or browser than your previous one (IE vs firefox, etc). I wish somebody would fix the forum software, but that seems unlikely.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 26, 2012, 6:17:15 AM
Would it be possible to extend on this and make it so the default factions are equally enhanced, or even better would be if we can add custom factions as AI opponents.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 27, 2012, 2:57:14 AM
Well this mod sounds nice, but it's honestly a pretty easy thing to do if you have the time.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 10:45:35 PM
The update to Endless Space 1.0.17 broke cheaper traits version 1.0.14 on my system. It used to work fine, but now I get "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" every single time. I ran into this after deleting my saved games and starting another.

I had originally been using "+mod cheaper-traits" in the launcher options. I removed that and loaded the mod manually. Same problem, the error just occurs now when I tell it to start the game/generate the map. For some reason it also lost my old custom faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 11:27:34 PM
I have not run this mod, but I just looked at the xml differences in 1.0.17 compared to 1.0.16 and there is not much. I looked at the contents of this mod, and I highly don't recommend this way of distributing mods.

@ tanstaafl, could you try an experiment? In your Modding/cheaper-traits directory, try deleting the entire folder "localization", including all files underneath. Does this fix your problem?

@ mcmullin156, I highly recommend to only include changed files in your mod. You have used "standalone=false" which is good; but still I don't believe you have changed all the 50 files inside simulation. If you distribute only the 1-2 files you actually changed, it is "more likely" that your mod will work when they issue a minor update like this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 3:59:07 AM
"could you try an experiment? In your Modding/cheaper-traits directory, try deleting the entire folder "localization", including all files underneath. Does this fix your problem?"

Didn't help. Exact same problem. I noticed a post in the "alternative Galaxy Generator" mod thread where somebody reported a similar problem after upgrading.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment