Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

My "Ideal" Endless Space Mod (help)

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 2:56:03 PM
So guys, i was thinking, after i thought much about my "suggestions" on the Game2Gether thread, i had an idea, why not i made my own mod for ES to implement most of my ideas on the game?

i just wanted where do i begin with...

Thanks.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 5:07:17 PM
Thank you.so the first one is a reference to me see what i don´t need to do yet.

the seccond is a in depth explanations of the Galaxy Generator and the Third is the documentation and source-code.

but i don´t want to tweak the GalaxyGenerator yet, will concentration on the gameplay issues i found and posted (for no avail it seems).

But thank you!

It will help me. =)
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 7:10:36 PM
So, i have some questions:

1.Where are the models for the ships on galaxy map? the model who represents a fleet of ships (its the same for all of them?) of each different species...

2.Can i add a element to the main menu? iim asking because i want to add a codex.

3.How can i create a 5° tech branch?

thats all for now. thanks.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 7:27:13 PM
Madrox wrote:
So, i have some questions:

1.Where are the models for the ships on galaxy map? the model who represents a fleet of ships (its the same for all of them?) of each different species...

2.Can i add a element to the main menu? iim asking because i want to add a codex.

3.How can i create a 5° tech branch?

thats all for now. thanks.

1. Model Support is still not implemented. But will be soon.

2. UI Modding is also not implemented yet. Don't know when that will be unfortunately

3. I don't really understand that question.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 8:01:14 PM
Pleasure wrote:
1. Model Support is still not implemented. But will be soon.

2. UI Modding is also not implemented yet. Don't know when that will be unfortunately

3. I don't really understand that question.

1 and 2 - thats too bad. ç_ç

3 - there is 4 teach branches (like Aplied Sciences...", i want ot add a 5° branch to the teach tree. it it possible?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 8:01:33 PM
For #3, you can make small changes to the tech tree such as adding, removing techs. The modding tutorial thread shows how to do that. If you want to add a fifth tree, I am not sure if this is possible; certainly it would be hard. The current tech tree is organized in a nice radial pattern with each tree taking one quadrant (90 degrees). If you wanted five trees, each taking 72 degrees, one challenge would be to take the existing trees and re-layout each tech so it took less radial space. This would "leave room" for the fifth tree. I do not think the fact that there are four trees is hard coded anywhere, so it "should be possible" to add a fifth one. It is all just nodes and arcs.

I would actually start small; try adding a fifth tree in the "free space" in the outer tiers at the 45 degree, 135 degree, etc areas. If you make the fifth starting tech a low cost tech, with no prerequisites, I can't think of any reason why this should fail. Both the human player and the AI should be able to research it. If that prototype works, then you can put in the large work to change the 90 degree layouts to 72 degree layouts.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 24, 2012, 8:11:55 PM
davea wrote:
For #3, you can make small changes to the tech tree such as adding, removing techs. The modding tutorial thread shows how to do that. If you want to add a fifth tree, I am not sure if this is possible; certainly it would be hard. The current tech tree is organized in a nice radial pattern with each tree taking one quadrant (90 degrees). If you wanted five trees, each taking 72 degrees, one challenge would be to take the existing trees and re-layout each tech so it took less radial space. This would "leave room" for the fifth tree. I do not think the fact that there are four trees is hard coded anywhere, so it "should be possible" to add a fifth one. It is all just nodes and arcs.

I would actually start small; try adding a fifth tree in the "free space" in the outer tiers at the 45 degree, 135 degree, etc areas. If you make the fifth starting tech a low cost tech, with no prerequisites, I can't think of any reason why this should fail. Both the human player and the AI should be able to research it. If that prototype works, then you can put in the large work to change the 90 degree layouts to 72 degree layouts.

Ok.

i will try.

thanks.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment