[RELEASED] community bug fix / balance mod

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 5:55:09 PM
Let me clearify what of my changes the next update will contain and what not:

It will have:

a)

The improvements to Governor/Building-AI. This will be even better than in my Mod because Meedoc and I revised everything twice and Meedoc included some additional smart stuff I just was not aware that it was even possible. Example: $(ColonyExpansionLimiterUnderEnnemy) to determine if an influence-booster should be built.

b)

The way better Ships inspired by players.

What it will not have and why:

a)

Preventing Hybrid-Heros. They want to redo the AI-hero management overall somewhat later so they don't want this workaround.

b)

Altered dipmlomatic behaviour. They want to implement something like that later on as well and thus once again don't want this workaround.

c)

No Retreat for the Player. Haven't even suggested that to them because I think a lot of players would be pissed if you took away their beloved retreat without letting them know. I guess at some point the AI will learn to retreat.

Of course I will then make a new version of the mod that includes the remaining changes. I will probably make several different versions of the Diplmacy-stuff. Anyone can then blend it into their own mod. The good thing is that these files are not so hard to merge because I think most of the other mods won't touch them... Well Personality.xml might be though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 25, 2012, 7:53:38 PM
Thanks Ail for clarifying that! Any chance of an auto retreat button this time around?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 8:44:14 AM
The dev blog only says "It adds equal distribution of the System Population to Galaxy Generation"

and the Galaxy Generator source code already has this changes. it only needs to be aktivated.

So you could end up with 10 starsystems and no luxury article.

The alternative generator has balancing of starystems in a constellation. not more.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 27, 2012, 3:43:23 PM
I "hope" the balanced generator in the automatons add-on does more than just balance the number of systems per constellation. That is better than nothing, but not really enough. We will see soon.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment