Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

(Being planned) United Nations Mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 1:02:24 AM
Well, I just had a good idea for a new Endless Space faction recently, and I thought it would be good to put it here. This mod would include an alternate humanity, ie, an humanity that had no connection with the United Empire nor with the Pilgrims. Enjoy the reading! smiley: lol.png" alt="smiley: smiley: lol" title="smiley: lol" />

Introduction:

In 2027, humanity launched the first manned mission to Mars. Just one day after the arrival of the humans on Mars, the astronauts discovered the ruins of an ancient alien race called " The Endless", and also discovered a strange substance: the Dust. When the discovery of the alien ruins on Mars was revealed to the public, everyone on Earth looked to the stars and realize the enormous importance and grandeur of the universe. With this, the entire human population turned to science, along with astronomers and physicists to discover the secrets that were to be discovered in the universe. In the beginning, humans had no idea of what was the Dust and what it could do. It took five years of extensive research to discover the basic principles of the Dust. Meanwhile, two years after the arrival of mankind on Mars, the Earth's superpowers began to colonize the planets of the solar system, like Mars and Venus, and even the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. Just a few months later, to avoid future conflicts between the colonies, it was decided that the United Nations would be responsible for managing all human colonies that were founded from that day forward, besides being responsible of representing humanity to the other races of the galaxy.

Characteristics:

I'm still not sure if the alignment of this faction would be "good" or "neutral". It would probably be "good", since the United Nations is an "pacifist" organization. (According to what I know, of course)

Furthermore, the dev team announced here http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/content.php?179-Focus-Modding that it would be possible to make a change in the textures of the planets. So I thought it could be created an unique texture for the homeplanet of this faction. In this case, the homeplanet of the UN would be a terran planet with the unique textures of Earth, and the same would happen with the other planets of that solar system, ie, we would have a desert planet with a unique texture of Mars to represent Mars; a desert planet with a unique texture of Venus to represent Venus, and also put gas giants in the place of Jupiter and Saturn.

But for that, I would need a modding team, since I know nothing about modding.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 1:43:38 AM
Nice idea.

But, aside changing actions and planets, what would be the changes of this mod?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 1:51:40 AM
Madrox wrote:
Nice idea.

But, aside changing actions and planets, what would be the changes of this mod?

It would add a new faction, wich would be the United Nations, having it's unique ships. It's just an alternate human faction.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 1:54:07 AM
HumanSpacer wrote:
It would add a new faction, wich would be the United Nations, having it's unique ships. It's just an alternate human faction.

Ah! i see.

interesting,i will wait for more. =D
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 10, 2012, 4:04:41 PM
Madrox wrote:
What do you mean? you need a team?

Might be useful, but good modders could deal with it alone... smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 3:49:25 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Might be useful, but good modders could deal with it alone... smiley: biggrin

Yeah, good point. So here it goes again: do we have any good modders or any modding team here?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 4:06:04 AM
It is unlikely that somebody will come along and implement your idea for you. If you want it implemented, your best bet is to read the tutorials on modding, and use this idea as a way to learn modding.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 11, 2012, 12:04:40 PM
davea wrote:
It is unlikely that somebody will come along and implement your idea for you. If you want it implemented, your best bet is to read the tutorials on modding, and use this idea as a way to learn modding.

I Agree.

maybe the best you can do with much luck, is to get a partner to help make this mod.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment