Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A starwars mod

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 2:54:38 AM
I think I understand the kind of mod the OP is talking about but it seems like it would be one much more suited for Gratuitous Space Battles but I understand the desire to have it more contextualized with a galactic map like the one this game provides. If anything to get a proper SW mod you probably shouldn't disable any of the population or resource features and simply calculate Imperial ground troops based off a percentage of the planets population so the Rebels can liberate them and vice versa.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 22, 2012, 9:23:16 AM
I think what one could extrapolate from this is that it also applies to the actual end-game: there should be a possibility to bring other species into the own empire, or to somehow simulate occupied planets have a non-home race population.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 11:55:34 PM
EvilTactician wrote:
I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Young padawan, I fear you lack an understanding of the Star Wars universe.

Who me?

I understand it perfectly

Should a planet fall to control of the empire, the population doesnt change

nor does it change if the rebels liberate a planet

The rebels dont exactly go around killing the civilians of the planets they attack. The imperials might, but there is no way the rebels will, unless the planet wants to be subjected to imperial rule. Which would create a nice dynamic, like in empire at war, where civilians will attack either side based on the planet. Like those on Anaxes will atack the rebels, no matter if they are attacking or defending, and the mon calimarians will attack the imperials regardless of if they are attacking or defending
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 3:31:46 PM
I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Young padawan, I fear you lack an understanding of the Star Wars universe.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 19, 2012, 2:42:29 AM
KenboCalrissian wrote:
Why wouldn't they require food?

Cause they arnt a civilization, not really

The empire doesnt colonize new planets

and a population is controlled by the empire, until free'd by the rebels, as each planet is a different nation in its own right. The empire just keeps them in line, and the rebels fight from bases where a population might not even exist, like Yavin or Hoth
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment