Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Endless Space save editor released

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 3:29:40 PM
And what should I do if I want to modify save games on another computer? At work I haven't RDP access to computer with installed game, but I can download files from it via Skydrive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 3:49:27 PM
If you don't have access to the save game file, the tool can't help you. If you do have access to the save game file, what do you need access to the installed game files for?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 4:18:06 PM
This save editor needs installed game. It looks for install path in registry and reads localization and some other files. I can download save game file and these files, but editor won't start because I haven't installed game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 4:24:31 PM
Thank you for explaining, I did not realize that. I agree that if there is no registry key, the editor should start with a full directory browser.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 5:29:04 PM
I get a error on startup - "The input string had a wrong format".

Use the 4.0 NET client and all that fancy shmancy stuff etc, unpack it to a random loaction, crash on start-up. Not even admin privileges seem to help.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 6:10:00 PM
My system is not anything special, and I was able to run it the first time I tried. For the ES game itself, we have sometimes run into problems with special language characters. The tool is trying to get something from underneath "my documents"; does your user name on your machine have some non-english characters? That may be the problem.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 6:14:41 PM
If your refer to my username on steam, nope, it's nothing special, just Upgradecap.

And i don't have any non-English characters in my username that i am currently logged on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 7:54:12 PM
Nothing to do with steam. The exact pathname to my save games is: c:\usersdave\my documents\Endless Space\Save. In your red part, are there any non-english characters?
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 28, 2012, 8:57:12 PM
I've found error. It raises when converting values like "-0.5" from string to float in EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml. There should be "," instead of ".". EvilFred, change value converting in function "loadTraitEffects" to [CODE]value = Convert.ToSingle(node.Attributes.GetNamedItem("Value").Value.Replace(".",","))[/CODE] Unfortunately, I can only debug executables.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 12:48:45 AM
What does the tool actually use out of the public folder?

If the registry key does not exist, can you bring a general file browser and let the user navigate to the save folder/individual file?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 3:33:17 AM
The public XML is used for localization (only to English) and to populate help text for faction traits. I pull out whatever I can match up, which is why game difficulty might say Impossible rather than HARD03.

As for fixing the problem, sure. This app is just in draft state right now. A lot works, but a lot could go wrong.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 5:07:26 AM
Ghost4254: I've added a fallback where the editor asks you where the game is installed. If you copy the Public folder to your work computer, you could point it to one directory above that... you're probably the only person who'll ever do this though.

UpgradeCap: I don't know what's wrong, but I added a feature to give me more information. Try the new version and paste the results in this thread. I'll take a look then.

Ghost4254 wrote:
I've found error. It raises when converting values like "-0.5" from string to float in EmpireTraitDescriptor.xml. There should be "," instead of ".". EvilFred, change value converting in function "loadTraitEffects" to [CODE]value = Convert.ToSingle(node.Attributes.GetNamedItem("Value").Value.Replace(".",","))[/CODE] Unfortunately, I can only debug executables.

Fixed this as well. I assume your computer is set to use 3,14 rather than 3.14, right? I used the USA locale to parse these numbers since they're always in 3.14 format. This will work for everyone worldwide.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 3:15:03 PM
or use the IFormatProvider if it's available in your method signature. This would lead to that kind of rewrite

[code]

value = Convert.ToSingle(node.Attributes.GetNamedItem("Value", CultureInfo.InvariantCulture.NumberFormat));

[/code]

CultureInfo is in System.Globalization
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 3:32:26 PM
veno_vjc wrote:
somehow i cant access the site/page for this file any suggestions??

@ evilfred, please add the following to your OP. So many people have trouble with this. I personally store files on mediafire and link to them from here, rather than trying to store anything here.

If you have trouble downloading this forum attachment:

1. Log out and log in again

2. Else try a different browser (IE vs firefox) or a different computer

3. Else clear your browser cookies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 6:26:38 PM
Tis a shame, i can't DL this. Just keeps me stuck in the login screen. Everytime i try to DL, it refreshes me back to the Login screen.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 29, 2012, 6:34:58 PM
Upgradecap wrote:
Tis a shame, i can't DL this. Just keeps me stuck in the login screen. Everytime i try to DL, it refreshes me back to the Login screen.
Please read the post immediately above yours, which gives the answer.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment