Coprorate:

Changed +5 max +10 Science.

should be:

Corporate:

Changed +5 max +10 Dust.

Example early op:

1. I take Heratio specification faction with cloning hero.

and more dust on start trait (20 or 42)

and take legendary hero trait

first hero cost: 20 dust

second hero cost: 80 dust

third hero cost: 140 dust

Look on game turns (normal speed):

1. buy hero for 20 dust and take DUST +15

6-7 (dust form turns 15+15+15+15+15+15=90) i clone first hero (dust summary from heroes +30 on turn)

9-10 both heroes level up i take +15 to science to both (+30 to science in 10 turn)

15 (dust from turns 30+30+30+30+30=150) i clone first hero (dust sumary from heroes: +45 on turn, science summary from heroes: +45 on turn)

It's Very OP. someone who don't receive any good hero in early game have disadvantage.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 2:28:57 PM
MacDante wrote:
i wrote:

should be:

Corporate:

Changed +5 max +10 Dust.

Example early op:

1. I take Heratio specification faction with cloning hero.

and more dust on start trait (20 or 42)

and take legendary hero trait

first hero cost: 20 dust

second hero cost: 80 dust

third hero cost: 140 dust

Look on game turns (normal speed):

1. buy hero for 20 dust and take DUST +15

6-7 (dust form turns 15+15+15+15+15+15=90) i clone first hero (dust summary from heroes +30 on turn)

9-10 both heroes level up i take +15 to science to both (+30 to science in 10 turn)

15 (dust from turns 30+30+30+30+30=150) i clone first hero (dust sumary from heroes: +45 on turn, science summary from heroes: +45 on turn)

It's Very OP. someone who don't receive any good hero in early game have disadvantage.

I think it's just legendary heroes that is too powerful. But also you can do that right now with the corporate hero and get early +30 dust/science, the extra 15 dust/turn isn't huge for spending dust on 3 heroes. Having 3 admin heroes at the moment would be better by a bit still too. Dust miser is a terrible skill right now, only taken because trade routes are even worse early on.

Change Legendary Heroes such that it grants the Legendary Hero status of +XP (and the other bonuses) to a hero once every 30 turns (can only affect a single hero once) starting from when the first hero is hired. The trait is just too powerful.

I agree with this though, that's why I made this post

/#/endless-space/forum/28-game-design/thread/12767-hero-traits-combination-restriction

so that it restricts the starting hero combinations somewhat.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 2:34:16 PM
Imho heros are not that powerfull. I used to have -10 instead of legendary and I am always ahead in any game vs the opponent. Perhaps for horatio the heroes are powerfull. And I think they should be for horatio too. That is the strenght of the faction. The +15 industry or +20 food or 20% food is nothing compared with +30% food for every planet. Sure you can crank out a colony ship 1 turn faster or a pop 1-2 turns faster - but once every planet you have can have a pop 1-2 turns faster that is way better.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 2:41:58 PM
Eysteinh wrote:
Imho heros are not that powerfull. I used to have -10 instead of legendary and I am always ahead in any game vs the opponent. Perhaps for horatio the heroes are powerfull. And I think they should be for horatio too. That is the strenght of the faction. The +15 industry or +20 food or 20% food is nothing compared with +30% food for every planet. Sure you can crank out a colony ship 1 turn faster or a pop 1-2 turns faster - but once every planet you have can have a pop 1-2 turns faster that is way better.

Perhaps you're right, I was thinking about situations with Horatio and 3 favourable heroes. Still, having it apply after 10 turns from when you hire that hero would be appropriate IMO.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 4:00:08 PM
Eysteinh wrote:

Well I don't think many would disagree that +30% food is better, thats why the trait costs 40 points compared to 24 for legendary heroes. Administrators are a huge boon for expanding....they make systems that would otherwise be worthless suddenly have 4 pop and all the basic upgrades.

When you say heros are not that powerful, I do hope you are not referring to pilots on fleets. Have you ever fought a 23CP craver fleet with a lvl 20+ pilot on it? pretty tough to beat.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment