Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

PlanetStatusColonized does not seem to have any influence

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 3:05:30 PM
Hi Guys smiley: smile,

inspired by a lot mods the game itself and the great tutorials I started to make a mod myself. Everything was fine so far, but now I encountered a minor problem and accept the answer in advance ^^ I used the search function trying to solve my problem smiley: wink

At the moment I'm working on a unconventional "terraforming" type. I added a technology which allows the players to destroy planets, turning them into an asteroid field with the same size of their parent planet. This terraforming can be used for a scorched-earth policy.

It would be a great if the player could have the chance to destroy planets without colonizing them.

[CODE]

PlanetTypeAsteroids

!($(PlanetTypeAsteroids) or $(PlanetTypeGasMethane) or $(PlanetTypeGasHydrogen) or $(PlanetTypeGasHelium))

Planetary Annihilation

Annihilate a planet to turn it into dust and asteroids before the enemy gets it intanct

[/CODE]

The low costs are only for testing purposes of course.

This example works fine, but it makes no difference if I'm using "and !$(PlanetStatusColonized)" or leave it out. The player does not have the possibility to destroy uncolonized planets in a system he owns. He has to colonize them first. So what is the purpose of this variable? Looking at some terraforming techs of the original game, you can see, that it is used consequently.

[CODE]

ColonizeDependance="ColonizeBarren">

PlanetTypeBarren

($(PlanetTypeDesert) or $(PlanetTypeArctic) or $(PlanetTypeLava)) and $(PlanetStatusColonized)

%TerraformationToBarrenTitle

%TerraformationToBarrenDescription

[/CODE]

I hope you can help me smiley: lol.png" alt="smiley: smiley: lol" title="smiley: lol" />

Greetings
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 3:26:34 PM
As far as i know, terraforming (regardless of what you turn into what) requires it to be colonized (ie have at least 1 dude on it). I don't think you can get over that limitation. !$(PlanetStatusColonized) just mean "planet is NOT colonized" (notice the ! in front).

Anyway, you could try this:

ColonizeDependance="ColonizeTerran">

PlanetTypeAsteroids

!$(PlanetTypeAsteroids)

%TerraformationToBarrenTitle

%TerraformationToBarrenDescription

0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 3:46:04 PM
Ok, your example does not differ a lot from mine. As I said, it works great. The player can blow up planets except for gas giants. As a conclusion I would say: The usage of this variable has no impact on the behaviour - No matter if I enforce the planets to be uncolonized with "!$(PlanetStatusColonized)" or leaving it out in the meaning of, I don't care wether the planet is colonized or not.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 4:02:30 PM
nToxic wrote:
Ok, your example does not differ a lot from mine. As I said, it works great. The player can blow up planets except for gas giants. As a conclusion I would say: The usage of this variable has no impact on the behaviour - No matter if I enforce the planets to be uncolonized with "!$(PlanetStatusColonized)" or leaving it out in the meaning of, I don't care wether the planet is colonized or not.

I think that part is most likely hardcoded; the option to terraform only appear after the planet is settled so i guess no amount of prerequisites fiddling will change that. Also, we often have to mess with the "./" coding depending what info or effect we want, i would not be surprised if the !$(PlanetStatusColonized) don't turn up because the check is applied from a colonized planet rather than from the system like colonization is.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 4:31:04 PM
So I hope, even if it was not intended this way yet, that there will be the possibility to use this parameter intuitionally. It would open a wide field of modifications to uncolonized planets. Maybe someone has a workaround for this.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment