Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

System View Annoying Animations/Tilt/Shifts/Zooms

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 29, 2013, 12:20:08 PM
Is there any way to completely eliminate all the extremely aggravating and annoying Animations, Zooms, Tilts, Shifts?

It takes forever, it makes me misclick half the time because it tilts in a way that moves something else under my mouse, moving population is a chore (only works for a few pixels near the planet, not on the "heads").

Also, since we're on the topic is bad GUI design, anyone looked into making the top/bottom parts larger? I'd like to see Development much wider, the Queue maybe on the left side of the screen, and the entire height, Reserve+Development taller (it's just empty space there atm).

If anyone knows if this is hardcoded, or if not in which files, or has already made some efforts in this direction, please let me know.

Oh, and just so no one gets the false impression: This is a great game. Downright awesome infact, I'm mostly aggravated because I like it, and care so much smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 9:46:09 PM
Sentenza wrote:
Is there any way to completely eliminate all the extremely aggravating and annoying Animations, Zooms, Tilts, Shifts?

I don't believe so but I wish there were.

Sentenza wrote:
Also, since we're on the topic is bad GUI design, anyone looked into making the top/bottom parts larger? I'd like to see Development much wider, the Queue maybe on the left side of the screen, and the entire height, Reserve+Development taller (it's just empty space there atm).

As far as I know the GUI is NOT moddable. Again, I wish it were...
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 10:32:12 PM
stasik28 wrote:
Wait what? What animation/tilt/shift/zooms. And what top bottom parts? O_O

Honestly, I have no idea - maybe something is running.. amok there?

Sentenza, could you give us please some specific examples or screens what you mean? It is a bit unclear what you mean - maybe you just got some nasty UI bug?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 6:14:10 PM
I highly doubt something is wrong, but maybe I'm the only one who is annoyed by it smiley: smile

Reproduction:

1) Go to a 6 planet system

2) Hover your mouse over the first planet, it will animate "zoom" in to you.

3) Move your mouse over to the last planet, the first one will zoom back, the whole view will tilt, shift and animate, finally the last planet will zoom in.

Try moving pop from planet 2 to a different one, you may notice that you can only grab pop on their shoulders, if you click the heads instead you'll zoom on the first planet instead of moving pop.

Also, if you move your mouse quickly to click on a planet you'll notice you actually need to wait for the animations to stop before the planet can be selected.

Granted, it's rare that that's an issue, but it happened to me quite a few times when changing exploitations.

Also, take a look at the ... oh, wait, that's prolly (partly) my resolution, lemme get you a screenshot:

http://puu.sh/2pD21

If I got a 6+ queue and I need to produce 4 shits RIGHT NOW then I can either pay dust (that moves em to the top), or painstakingly drag each ship 2-3 slots upwards at a time. If I have a 10+ queue I normally just delete the whole thing, queue ships and redo it.

(Is there maybe a hotkey? I've tried the modifier keys + click, to no avail)

Also, see the space to the right and left? That's what I meant, I have to scroll for the available improvements, and built ones...

Do have to say though, the top part is fine... I mean the strat/lux resources could be presented better, but other than that it's fine.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 6:46:40 PM
I know exactly what your referring to. I found that somewhat annoying before I got used to it as well. It's a "cool" effect, but it does make things take longer. Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to turn it off at the moment. I will say that after not too long, I think you will probably get used to it. Sorry I can't give a better response. :/
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 4:03:48 AM
The folder "GUI" in /public contains just some image-samples.

interface moddability isn't implemented.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment