Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Mods won't run

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 12:07:52 AM
I can't seem to get mods to run on my ES (iirc I previously had overwritten the Steam files to change things, but that's sloppy obviously):

- I've tried running them via the in-game menu and restart

- I've tried running them by editing the launch commands in Steam to direct the game straight to +mod [ModName]

The game restarts, whatever - but nothing is ever applied. At first, I thought my XML was erroneous so I tried a fresh mod directory that changed some localisation to test strings - settings and names to new, nonsensical words just to see whether the game was actually loading mods - and none of the relevant text strings were changed, implying that my ES just won't load mods.

Can anyone help? I do rather enjoy modding, and this makes testing me own work... Impossible.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 12:21:02 AM
Maybe you didn't put your mod in the right directory? Seem like the game don't find your mod when you tell it to load it. The other source of problem might be how it's named or how you spelled your name in the header of your index (the game don't like special characters or space there, had these problems when i first started).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 12:27:31 AM
Mods are all in:

My Documents\Endless Space\Modding[ModFolder]

They've all been named in plain normal text with no symbols. The name has a space, but most mods have spaces in their titles so surely that must be supported?

They show up in-game in the 'mods' area, and the game reloads when they're selected, but doesn't appear to actually load anything.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 12:44:43 AM
The_Doctor wrote:
Mods are all in:

My Documents\Endless Space\Modding[ModFolder]

They've all been named in plain normal text with no symbols. The name has a space, but most mods have spaces in their titles so surely that must be supported?

They show up in-game in the 'mods' area, and the game reloads when they're selected, but doesn't appear to actually load anything.

Well, try to run a mod from someone else and see if it load. If it does, you messed something in your mod. Otherwise, i don't know what else to suggest.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 1:07:26 AM
Foraven wrote:
Well, try to run a mod from someone else and see if it load. If it does, you messed something in your mod. Otherwise, i don't know what else to suggest.

Mmm, Imperium Aeterna runs fine.

The directory I'm trying to run is amazingly simple though; I can't fathom why it wouldn't work. It is literally just a change to 2 numerical Game Difficulty values and the English localisation file. Checked the syntax, no errors.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 12:59:52 PM
The_Doctor wrote:
The name has a space, but most mods have spaces in their titles so surely that must be supported?

Nope. Mod's with spaces won't work. They might have a space in their name but the directory must not have a space.

Also had the same problem a long time ago.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 2:04:32 PM
Ail wrote:
Nope. Mod's with spaces won't work. They might have a space in their name but the directory must not have a space.

This actually turns out to be the problem - there was effectively a 'hidden' space in the directory name after it, not sure how I managed that.

Thanks for all the replies.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 3, 2013, 2:06:38 PM
Ail wrote:

That's whats our friend " ___ " is for (had to learn it the hard way @ coding )

€dit: Oh already solved lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment