[Released] Heroic Attributes

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 6, 2013, 12:08:06 PM
Mod Name: Heroic Attributes

Author: Et Misera Games

Version: 1.2

Compatible with: 1.0.66

Compatibility Note: Since modding Hero.xml does not *replace* the default Hero.xml, I have to override every existing hero. As a result, if Amplitude adds more heros beyond the currently existing 73, their new heroes will be unchanged by this mod until a new version is released.

Description: This mod replaces the hero stats and classes. Heroes are divided into Governor and Admiral roles with appropriate class and stat choices. Governors are given the Administrator and Corporate classes, and have Labor, Wit, and Melee stats. Admirals are given the Commander and Pilot classes, and have Offense and Defense stats.

Version 1.2: Adventurer abilities distributed to appropriate classes. Ground Pounder prereqs removed. Fixed prereqs for ground abilities with space prereqs and visa-versa.

Version 1.1: Created Stat spreads centered around 4/4/3/00 and 0/0/0/5/5. Existing heroes were assigned stats based on their current stat loadout.

Version 1.0: Proof of Concept test

Future Plans: I intend to expand this concept with two possible future mods:

Heroic Builds will adjust the ability trees for the classes, in addition to the class/stat adjustments of Heroic Attributes. This mod is within reach, I just need to find the time to do the design work and edit the XML. (GUID: 2c2d413f-4630-4b07-b927-7b4c56284e7f)

Heroic Champions will be a complete redesign of the heroic stats and classes system. The design work on this mod is waiting until I have a better understanding of the limits of changes I can make via XML in Endless Space. There is no ETA on this mod.(GUID: EEAACCD9-18DB-44D0-8719-C98309F84A8B)

Arrataz

Et Misera Games
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 11, 2013, 2:38:12 AM
I added it to my mod that combines Ail's variant of Colored Anomalies (I added the few missing (new) anomalies myself) and the Alternative Galaxy Generator. So far, so good! All 3 of my Heroes are Corp/Admin, let's see what pops up next! I'd love to see a BIT more variation though. And I personally never use Admins for invasions so their melee points are wasted as far as I'm concerned. Only my Fleet Admirals use their melee points.

Keep up the good work! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 2:59:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback. To address your points:

* There is some variation in stats, but nothing too extreme. If you check out the .xml file, you'll see that they vary in a spread around those centers. I only gave the two class combinations, because (IMO) adventurer is pretty bad. I do intend to fix it up or fold its abilities into the admiral setup in Heroic B. Unfortunately, I can't tweak the probabilities of getting 2 governors and one admiral or visa-versa, so some games you'll still be stuck with three of one or three of the other to start with. I'm open to suggestions on how to fix it without changing the engine.

* Melee also gives defense against invasion, so I put it on the governors. The admirals already enhance their fleet strength, so they don't need the bonus much. I don't really care for the stat at all, since it is a mixed stat. In the Heroic C mod, I have some ideas about how to change the stat system, but that's beyond the scope of this quick fix.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 3:57:57 AM
Actually shortly after I posted I was playing and noticed that melee works for system defense. I didn't know that before. I still like having the some melee ability in my admirals for increased invasion strength though. smiley: wink
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment