Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Detection Radius of Planets

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 3:17:00 AM
Is detection radius only for ships as I have not seen any difference in the circle for systems with it changed such as in this code:

[CODE]

[/CODE]

Is the system's detection radius only determined by influence due to this line in star system descriptor file?

[CODE] [/CODE]
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 3:23:30 AM
Star systems can have both Detection radius and Influence... When a system is an outpost, all influence are converted into Detection radius. When both are in use, detection radius is added to Influence (everything in your sphere of influence is considered detected).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 3:18:21 PM
I get that is how it is supposed to work but I am not sure it is working even in the vanilla.

While I see a clear circle around ships the planets seem to not have a clear circle beyond their influence circle.

I just have never seen any effect from building Collaborator Networks (although I suspect is was designed for a cloaked ship module that doesn't exist along with the spying and tech stealing)

Also when does a colony convert to having influence? Is it after a population of 2 is reached or something.

I tried eliminating the last line of my first post to have influence be separate from detection and wound up with no detection at all other than what my ships had.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 4:55:32 PM
I've definitely noticed revealed area beyond my Influence on my home sector, but that's with FairFight
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 12:44:08 AM
tirane wrote:
I get that is how it is supposed to work but I am not sure it is working even in the vanilla.

While I see a clear circle around ships the planets seem to not have a clear circle beyond their influence circle.

In stock game, most improvements add to influence rather than detection radius.

I just have never seen any effect from building Collaborator Networks (although I suspect is was designed for a cloaked ship module that doesn't exist along with the spying and tech stealing)

Look at the code in StarSystemImprovementDescriptor.xml, you'll see there are nothings special about the improvements; they either add influence, detection range or both. The only exeption is the second detection one that allow spying of enemy ships (ie know what designs each fleets have).

Also when does a colony convert to having influence? Is it after a population of 2 is reached or something.

They convert after 30 turns, doesn't seem to be tied to population. I'm not sure if it is hardcoded or something we can change, haven't noticed any code about that yet.

I tried eliminating the last line of my first post to have influence be separate from detection and wound up with no detection at all other than what my ships had.

That's trial and error for you smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 10:52:26 PM
Outpost->Colony swap is not hardcoded, it can be changed.

ElMew knows where, now i can't find it though.. (and don't think it can be tied to a variable)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 12:20:04 AM
Aureon wrote:
Outpost->Colony swap is not hardcoded, it can be changed.

ElMew knows where, now i can't find it though.. (and don't think it can be tied to a variable)

Simulation\Registry

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment