Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

SaveTheSowers Mod - Balance Issues

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 9:57:36 PM
Yeah lets make one particular Trait absolutely Overpowered and also go a step backward to the time where people leaving if they didnt like their pocket cause now MP partys are just again Russian roulette. (sarcasm)

double the Dust for 30 turns in the beginning if lucky (this is how it is in the current vanilla version...its okay for a 5/10 Trait)

Now we have also:

Much better approval

double the Science for 30 turns.

Edit: And of course the food killer which makes growth of colonies impossible it was mentioned before several times.

just played today another 2 games each approx 100 turns and i can confirm everything Ail and Elmew said.

BTW: the solution isent just to make Stellar Guardians Trait more expensive -.-
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 10:00:44 PM
Ya, also better food production ('cause that expansion cost affects food production).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 10:10:05 PM
Ail wrote:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541831196261303506/51BE1B8FBA8A034D6C7D90A82EB49A17BAC03C56/

One turn later: The situation is massively improved because -2*(3/3) = -2 Food/Dust and also a lot more Approval throughout the empire.

Wait.. Why -2*(3/3)? If your outpost is covered with influence circle of your colony, it's still an outpost.

Steph'nie wrote:
  • Added an Expansion Effort mechanism: every system loses dust & food equal to -2 * (Outpost / Colony)

• Did the devs forget to mention in the changelog that outposts within player's influence area are counted as colonies when calculating expansion effort malus?
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:13:28 PM
    Vicarious wrote:
    Wait.. Why -2*(3/3)? If your outpost is covered with influence circle of your colony, it's still an outpost.

Did the devs forget to mention in the changelog that outposts within player's influence area are counted as colonies when calculating expansion effort malus?

Yes. Or they didn't understand the variable they were using calculates based on systems w/i empire, not proper colonies.

Just like they screwed up the UE thing (by not including it).

$(StarSystemsInsideEmpire) is what they use.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:17:36 PM
    Then it looks like the real question right now should be: do we want outposts within influence to count as colonies?

I'm in favour of no purely because i think stellar guardians is awsome already, but ofcourse I'm heavily biased :P
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:20:00 PM
    Gameslayer989 wrote:
    Then it looks like the real question right now should be: do we want outposts within influence to count as colonies?

I'm in favour of no purely because i think stellar guardians is awsome already, but ofcourse I'm heavily biased :P

Problem is, no variable in the XML just counts # of outposts.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:22:47 PM
    Gameslayer989 wrote:

I'm in favour of no purely because i think stellar guardians is awesome already, but of course I'm heavily biased :P

Currently in the game(with and without the mod) Outposts inside influence count as Colonies. This is true in all cases that I have been able to see.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:25:11 PM
    ElMew wrote:
    Yes. Or they didn't understand the variable they were using calculates based on systems w/i empire, not proper colonies.

Just like they screwed up the UE thing (by not including it).

This explains a lot, thanks.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:33:06 PM
    making influence sphere and stellar guardian even more unbalanced.

Save the balance

and dont forget to save the Sowers!
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:49:14 PM
    Sovereign wrote:

double the Dust for 30 turns in the beginning if lucky (this is how it is in the current vanilla version...its okay for a 5/10 Trait)

Much better approval

double the Science for 30 turns.

[/B]

I know it was probably already mentioned. But that's not even the most important thing.

Imho the most important thing is Food here. -10 Food from having 5 Systems outside and 1 inside Influence means no growth at all unless they get their own Influence-Sphere.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 13, 2013, 10:59:40 PM
    Yeah even this alone is an overkill which kills an empire...people just starv...and also combined with the other stuff doenst make it better.

honestly this changes just gives me headaches.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 14, 2013, 1:54:51 AM
    I guess i did well to not implement the changes in my mod FF yet. And from the comments i read, i should not hurry either. Expansion disapproval seem enough to curb fast expansion, also hurting growth all over the empire don't seem like a good idea...
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 14, 2013, 10:29:03 PM
    i want to point out that you invade a colony u didnt get an colony...u get an additionaly Outpost.

that is an huge issue with all the new mechanics.

it destroys so many war related tactics.

Especaily early on.

And it kills Wars on normal speed.
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 15, 2013, 4:49:19 AM
    I love the changes, and they make much more sense from an empire building standpoint.

Change the galaxy generator to allow players to get first few colony's within home system influence range and it should be fine.

NO MORE MASS EXPANSION HUZZA!

I am really starting to love these proposed changes! Even the sowers are feeling the love with the new planet FIDS and the colony bases!
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 15, 2013, 5:00:57 AM
    Igncom1 wrote:
    I love the changes, and they make much more sense from an empire building standpoint.

Change the galaxy generator to allow players to get first few colony's within home system influence range and it should be fine.

I am really starting to love these proposed changes! Even the sowers are feeling the love with the new planet FIDS and the colony bases!

Well, it's nice you do. It still need some work though as it's not that obvious to most players who tried it, and the AI just can't cope with the new system yet (makes it even easier to steamroll the AI). As i am a VIP now you can be sure i will take a look at the issue and see if i can provide some solutions (just didn't have the time to try it out, been too busy).
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 15, 2013, 5:05:22 AM
    HOW THE HELL YOU GET VIP BEFORE M.....not going to be mad, congrats dude! smiley: stickouttongue

And the AI issue I believe was expected.

And as always I would like the new mechanics to be made smarter and more intuitive....what if players could more easily spread culture across the strings? as to prevent a influence invasion from another galactic arm from being so effective, and so to promote the effectiveness of tight clustered empires?

Might help the more peaceful empires survive an endless conflict with a stronger warmonger?
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 15, 2013, 5:17:37 AM
    Igncom1 wrote:

Meh. Find a player that can beat me one on one with the mod (without me getting screwed by the start) and I'll believe you. Until then, I played with a few decent players and 3 of them could not match me. That isn't fair or balanced.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Apr 15, 2013, 5:29:19 AM
    ElMew wrote:
    Meh. Find a player that can beat me one on one with the mod (without me getting screwed by the start) and I'll believe you. Until then, I played with a few decent players and 3 of them could not match me. That isn't fair or balanced.

That you are a good player?

Right, that kind of boasting won't get the discussion anywhere.
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment